Joined: 20 September 2004
Recently, we announced the poetry contest for all budding poets of our forum. But our biggest community of writers are the Fan Fiction writers and we got some amazing and awesome talent here. So why not explore our talent to its fullest potential and have a contest for the fan fiction writers. Yes, we understand, some of you write serious fan fiction, some humorous, some romantic... there are just so many moods and emotions involved and the same theme can be written in so many ways, in so many emotions.
So how do we do a Fan Fiction Contest, that's the question in your minds. Well, we had the same questions in our minds, as this is probably the first time we are doing it. Some collective thinking and here we are with some general rules on it.
We have made a few basic themes, which are common to almost all Television serials. Its very very generic themes and we would like you to make it as creative, as diverse and as beautiful as you can. The winners would be judged on their creativity and the number of votes garnered.
Some of the Themes are :-
Hero and heroine meet for the first time.
Entry of the villan into the plot of the story.
Tender Romantic scene between two comedians of the serial.
Two couples - Mixed doubles - wrong partners
Typical Triangle story of the lead pair and character artiste of a show.
Dreams of a child.
Long Lost love returns.
Here are the rules and guidelines of the contest:
1. Please write the fan fictions based on the above themes.
2. The fan fiction should be your own and must not have been published in any other book/ publication or websites.
3. A member can send as many entries as they like on any or all of the themes above.
4. The entries could be humourous, serious, romantic, spoof, it could
be any creative piece of writing
5. The fan fiction should
not be longer than 1500 words.
6. The fan fictions should not contain any sexual or explicit content.
7. Rules are subject to change but any rule change shall be incorporated at least 2 days before the contest ends.
8. Members should not make multiple accounts to send fan fictions or vote for it. If found violating this rule, the account will be banned.
9. Please don't post your stories on the forum.
10. To maintain anonymity and have a fair contest, please PM your entries to Chocolate and Princess. It is important that you PM your entries to both else it will not be counted. Last date for submitting entries is Oct 23rd.
11. We would have three categories of fan fictions. Serious, Romantic and Comedy/ spoof and winners will be declared for all three categories on the basis of the maximum votes.
12. After the last date of the contest, the IF Development Team will judge all the entries and select the best ten entries in each category, which will be posted in the forum. Members would then be invited to read, judge and select the best entry of their choice.
Note: Any queries regarding the contest can be posted on this thread.
bluepink and s.priya
On behalf of the INDIA FORUMS DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Joined: 28 May 2005
Joined: 06 September 2005
Joined: 09 August 2004
Joined: 18 January 2005
Joined: 11 July 2005
Joined: 29 August 2004
Joined: 14 April 2005
|Topics||Topic Starter||Replies||Views||Last Post|
|RN fic contest-Al awards posted,linkpage2||shiropa||16||1912||02 February 2010 at 12:20pm
|A request to all MJHT ff writers and readers||bheegi||33||3189||21 September 2009 at 11:07am
|FOR DEVELOPMENT TEAM & WRITERS||nidha1983||26||2622||07 September 2009 at 11:19am
|WARNING: All Fanfiction Writers||Ambrosia||0||7318||07 September 2009 at 9:16am
|~~**~Writers Block~~**~~||Catwoman||47||5711||07 August 2009 at 9:45pm