Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Mischeivous

IF-Dazzler

Mischeivous

Posted: 19 October 2008 at 2:04pm | IP Logged

Can you be friends/hang out socially with ex-partners?

Can you be friends with ex-boyfriends/girlfriends ? What about going out with them socially (example: have coffee with them)? Do you believe it's inappropriate and/or disrespectful to your current partner to be friends with them? Or do you think it's fine?

My opinion: There are some ex-girlfriends that I wouldn't want to see socially, but there are also those where the relationship ended on good terms and I have maintained a friendship with. So long as my current partner is okay with it and included (if she wants to be), I see no reason why I can't be friends with my ex . We have been friends for quiet sometime since our breakup, longer than I've even known my current girlfriend. So in many respects, I don't see it as much different than going out with just a "normal" female friend.

Edited by Adildagr8 - 19 October 2008 at 2:05pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can you be friends Ex?" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 20 October 2008 at 5:05am | IP Logged
no..i wont be able to be a frnd of my ex ever..there is nothing bad in it..even every relation should end nicely..but personally speaking im a girl who is even not that much strong to face breakup Cryn all dat..it seems impossible to me to face this kinda situtation..when i'll love someone..i'll love him frever...my world will be him..so jiske saath main zindegi beetani ki sapne dekhungi uske sath break up will b a greatt shock n tragedy obv.Broken Heart.so i thnk i wnt b that much strong to face the person again in future cause my love will never decrease fr him even it will increase n it'll hurt me mostt..n moreover neither i'll b able to see him with some other girl nor i'll b able to live with someone else...(i knw m possessive n a bit crzyy..n it seems filmy too.LOL..but it was juz my opinion..many ppl r ok wid being frnd wid ex..)

SweetAngel18

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 20 October 2008 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 21 October 2008 at 7:55am | IP Logged
true i agree wid sweetangel..its easy to becom lover frm frnds but its nt easy to b frnds frm lovers

shizajaved

IF-Veteran Member

shizajaved

Posted: 22 October 2008 at 10:23am | IP Logged
I agree with sweetangel18 and dream.

Anam Ali

Coolbie

Anam Ali

Posted: 23 October 2008 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
I agree wid Dream

I wouldnt be frends wiv ma ex

xox.iloveyou

IF-Rockerz

xox.iloveyou

Posted: 24 October 2008 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
HEey Addii..
it's been SO longg.
LOOLL !

anyways to answer yur question i dont think it's right to be frend yur EX especially since yur dating someone now. it's not fair to yur current BF/GF cuz who knoees things can happen.
plus, it's not dat easy it's preety awkward especially if yu've been in a serious relationship for a very long time.

musicaddict1

Goldie

musicaddict1

Posted: 28 October 2008 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
i don't think its not right to hang out with them...but yeah as the topic starter said that depends how healthy your friendship is..like if u and ur ex were on good terms and stuff and if u have a good friendship with her, then its not wrong to hang out together....

Post Reply New Post

Go to top