Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Karvachauth celebration for tellyworld - Article

niveditha IF-Sizzlerz
niveditha
niveditha

Posted: 17 October 2008 at 4:56am | IP Logged
Karvachauth celebration for telly actresses

Its Karvachauth today and women all over India are fasting today for their husband's long life. And our television actresses are no different. While some of them have taken a day off, the others are still at work but all of them are fasting for their partners.
Smita Bansal who plays Anandi's mother-in-law in Balika Vadhu, is a Punjabi bride and hence the fast means a lot to her. She has taken day off from her shoot and is fasting without even having a drop of water for her hubby. "My mother in law gave me sargi. I had tea and namak mirch ki roti at 4 in the morning today. I'll be going for Karzzzz in the afternoon with my husband, after coming from there at around 5 we'll have thali ghumane ka rivaaz and then in the evening after seeing the moon, I'll have my water and food," explains the devoted wife. Smita's husband too proves to be a perfect husband as he's taken an off for her today so they can spend time together. Talking about her mother-in-law, she says "She has gifted me diamond ear rings and a pair of bangles, along with suhag ka samaan."

Ritu Chaudhary had her friends over last evening. Together they all put mehandi and then went for dinner at night. Today she has fasted for her husband and in return her hubby is fasting with her too. "He bought me a saree which I'll be wearing today for Puja," says the proud bride.

Mom to be Gautami Kapoor fasted for two years as she feels it's a good way to be with friends throughout the day but this year couldn't do so because of her pregnancy. "Ram feels it's very silly to fast. He doesn't really believe in it. But still I did fast for first two years. In the first year he gave me cell phone and last year he gave me jewellery."

Rajeshwari Sachdev is in Chandigarh shooting for her new TV show but that hasn't stopped her from fasting. Hubby Varun Badola how ever holds a different opinion. "I don't think you need a day to express feelings for your spouse," he says, "Rajeshwari still fasts out of enthusiasm and love. I normally give her something in gold but haven't decided about this year."

Gunjan Walia of Durga fame got married this year but she was fasting for her beau even before they tied the knot. Clueless about what her husband would gift her tonight, Gunjan says "I really don't expect anything from him. He's so loving and care and that's enough for a wife."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081017_97

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Friday, October 17, 2008

• The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

bostanianIndraDaganoodlesShikhooCeruleanSky-aditi-

CeruleanSky IF-Rockerz
    CeruleanSky
    CeruleanSky

Posted: 17 October 2008 at 10:17am | IP Logged
    Thanks for sharing...Smita is one dedicated woman I must say , she balances her professional and pers. lives with elan!
    Shikhoo IF-Rockerz
    Shikhoo
    Shikhoo

Posted: 17 October 2008 at 11:23am | IP Logged
    thanksssssss4 sharingggThumbs Up

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top