Miley Jab Hum Tum

SANAYA IRANI ARTICLE IN TIMES OF INDIA 16TH OCT!!

KaSuAlways thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
'If Ash and Katrina can do it, why can't I?'

Says Sanaya Irani about carrying off the Indian look

GLACXY FERRAO

Sanaya Irani is playing a simple, girl next door in Mile Jam Hum Tum, a show based on college romance ' very different from the glamorous role she portrayed in Radha ki Betiyaan kuch kar dikhaingi on NDTV Imagine. She feels that in real life she's completely opposite to the character she plays in the former. 'I'm very loud and bubbly and talkative while Gunjan is not,' she says. But she's happy to do the role because 'due to my fair and pretty looks, many people said that I will not look Indian and will not suit in a salwar kameez ' which is exactly what I'm doing in the show. In a way I wanted to prove a point. If Ash and Katrina can do it, why can't I?' asks the actress who was also playing a commando in Left Right Left for some time. Sanaya Irani, never wanted to get into acting. She was doing her BCom and had a desire to do MBA. But her mom thought otherwise. She felt that Sanaya should try modelling and acting. So for a year she took a break from studies and ventured into modelling. Later auditions and acting happened and she enjoyed it. 'I liked acting but I was not sure how good I was. I had also not enrolled myself into any acting course because I wanted to learn the art my way,' she says. So she started playing character roles and started learning things slowly and steadily. 'I wanted to do a lead role only when I was ready for it. Right now I want to do more of young stuff and perhaps gradually do some saas bahu stuff too,' says the pretty lass who's having a lot of fun on the sets with lots of youngsters around. 'Once the unit members played a prank on me by making me work for three continuous days without a break and then telling me to report to the sets early in the morning at 7 the next day. I was pissed off and I literally screamed at them. When they saw my angry face, they all burst out laughing,' she relates about all the fun she is having on the sets.
Edited by yam_dmg - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

colling thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
wow..first time im hearing a mom encouraging her daughter to take up modelling and acting..lol..tfs
xXxSHAMILAxXx thumbnail
Originally posted by: colling

wow..first time im hearing a mom encouraging her daughter to take up modelling and acting..lol..tfs

i know it just cracked me up😆
SamLuvsSaRun thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thnks for the article ..She is superb 👏👏
Iriss thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanx a lot for the article

she is pretty n she carries off indian dresses very well,i loved her in radha ki betiyaan n left right left

priya
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
hey thanks a lot for the aricle!!
ruexangel thumbnail
Hey thanks for sharing the article
Sony_1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

thanks for the article. she didnt learn acting!! but she acts soo wel. and her mom wanted her to act!! surprizing

missing Vmars thumbnail
thanks for da article ..... sanaya is very pretty n is doing a superb job as gunjan !!!!!!
kiranheer thumbnail

thanks   i realy like this  drama   i like that girl and her glassics   she is soooooooooooo hot