Members Lounge
Members Lounge

India-Forums

I bet I can get elected as the next president USA (Page 2)

ummmmm Senior Member
ummmmm
ummmmm

Posted: 16 October 2008 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pm rocks

Originally posted by ummmmm

sorry to say, but it is highly impossible for you to ever become president of the US. according to the Constitution, you must be born a naturalized citizen (someone born in the United States or born to American parents who reside on foreign soil). of course, on top of that, you have to be 35 years old, and you must have lived in the US for at least 14 years. arnold swarchenegger tried to become president, but he wasn't eligible since he wasn't born a naturalized citizen.

well then i should wait till i am 35 and then i should run for president..dont know a damn thingLOL i am born on US soil and my parents are from india..n my parents live in US since 26 years...so i should go for it huh..??...lol...jk

LOL

hmmm...well, i'm assuming that you're a female, and you're indian (of course you're indian since your parents are). the likelihood of being elected? very slim, i believe. the fact that you're a female might not be as influential in the result as your ethnicity. after all, we're quite a minority. as much as people want to deny it, humans are prejudiced and will vote based on race/ethnicity and gender.

oh and also, not that it's a "requirement" per se, but i believe that every president/presidental candidate has been extremely wealthy and has graduated from an ivy league school. those qualities are very characteristic of someone who is running for presidency.

Edited by ummmmm - 16 October 2008 at 9:58pm
AsliiGuy IF-Dazzler
AsliiGuy
AsliiGuy

Posted: 17 October 2008 at 6:21am | IP Logged
I think the younger generations would vote all the way for a lady prezz...I wanted too...Time will change ppl, the older "Republican only" voters will be out numbered as the younger generation grows...
pm rocks IF-Rockerz
pm rocks
pm rocks

Posted: 17 October 2008 at 8:44pm | IP Logged

sorry to say, but it is highly impossible for you to ever become president of the US. according to the Constitution, you must be born a naturalized citizen (someone born in the United States or born to American parents who reside on foreign soil). of course, on top of that, you have to be 35 years old, and you must have lived in the US for at least 14 years. arnold swarchenegger tried to become president, but he wasn't eligible since he wasn't born a naturalized citizen.

well then i should wait till i am 35 and then i should run for president..dont know a damn thingLOL i am born on US soil and my parents are from india..n my parents live in US since 26 years...so i should go for it huh..??...lol...jk

LOL

hmmm...well, i'm assuming that you're a female, and you're indian (of course you're indian since your parents are). the likelihood of being elected? very slim, i believe. the fact that you're a female might not be as influential in the result as your ethnicity. after all, we're quite a minority. as much as people want to deny it, humans are prejudiced and will vote based on race/ethnicity and gender.

oh and also, not that it's a "requirement" per se, but i believe that every president/presidental candidate has been extremely wealthy and has graduated from an ivy league school. those qualities are very characteristic of someone who is running for presidency.

yes i am a female Wink n yea i am indian gujarati LOL i agree with you...i might not be voted cuz of my ethnicity and i am a female..no wonder why ppl dont wanna vote for clinton...and many of americans are not voting for obama cuz of his race...its a big issue...

lol..first of you gotta be a senator for a certain state to be president...LOL ....you know i was just messing around with you...i dont wanna enter in politics at all...LOL i am better off being a doctor LOL
ummmmm Senior Member
ummmmm
ummmmm

Posted: 17 October 2008 at 9:56pm | IP Logged

LOL

yes i am a female Wink n yea i am indian gujarati LOL i agree with you...i might not be voted cuz of my ethnicity and i am a female..no wonder why ppl dont wanna vote for clinton...and many of americans are not voting for obama cuz of his race...its a big issue...

lol..first of you gotta be a senator for a certain state to be president...LOL ....you know i was just messing around with you...i dont wanna enter in politics at all...LOL i am better off being a doctor LOL

haha same here. i actually hate politics. medicine, on the other hand, is very interesting to me.

yep, i know you were joking around LOL

Go to top