Mona Readies for her big screen Debut

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
If you think that she was just a one show wonder, then think again. Mona Singh who shot to fame playing the ugly duckling in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi, even won the mega dance reality show Jhalak Dikhla Ja. Currently, she is seen shaking a leg with Harbhajan Singh in Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena.

But apart from all this there is something that is keeping her busy round the clock. Mona has been roped in by Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Raju Hirani to play a pivotal role in three 3 Idiots. "I'm very lucky to have landed up at the right place at the right time," enthuses Mona. The woman who will share the screen space with Aamir Khan says, "I've been told that almost all my scenes will be with Aamir." That must've put loads of pressure on Mona because she has been sweating it out in the gym. "It's my debut film and I'm trying my best to knock off the extra pounds. I want to make sure that I look the best."

Physical aspect is another thing and talent is another. Is the idea of working with a perfectionist like Khan unnerving? "Not really," she shrugs. The actress is sure that she will not let herself down. "Other people's expectations don't matter to me because my own are very high." Mona will start shooting for 3 Idiots in January
Thanks for the article.
I am very confident that she will match the talent with Amir Khan or Kareena  Kapoor becasue we have seen her talent very closely. It is really good for her to concentrate on her looks in the mean time which will give her more confidence to deliver her 100% for her fans who wanted to see her on big screen since long time.
All the Best Mona.
Wow!! To work with Aamir in her first film....but I would not call her "lucky" but deserving....unlike many starlets who get into films on the basis of their pretty faces and hot bodies, Mona has been taken on the basis of her talent.
Way to go girl!!!!....Good going...its been long....that Mona has been waiting for the film.... hope she gets her due...All the BEST, Mona..
Originally posted by blyton

Wow!! To work with Aamir in her first film....but I would not call her "lucky" but deserving....unlike many starlets who get into films on the basis of their pretty faces and hot bodies, Mona has been taken on the basis of her talent.
Thats true, Blyti. What is Katrina just a pretty face???? She cannot act and she gets mives from big banners. Mona finally got the movie based on her talent.