‘I am not Rahul’s personal secretary’ Payal

SRSR thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
'I am not Rahul's personal secretary'
13 Oct 2008, 0025 hrs IST, AMRITA MULCHANDANI ,TNN

Move over her item numbers and many blink and miss roles. The reality show Bigg Boss has now given Payal Rohtagi her share of fame. Now she is out o
Payal Rohatgi. (TOI Photo)More Pics
f the show but she has earned her moments of glory.

I really enjoyed the show and I don't have any regrets. I am very happy that I am out as I got to see my brother and mother. I badly missed both of them,' says Payal. She claims that she was not interested in winning but she just wanted to make her presence felt. 'My purpose was only to be visible. I am yet to establish myself in the film industry. I want to do lead roles and this show has helped me as now directors can visualise me in different characters,' says Payal who will soon be seen in the film Dil Kabbadi in December.

Has this show really helped her? 'I have just come out and my phone has not stopped ringing since then asking me for interviews. Though, I am yet to get calls from film-makers.'

Whom did she hate the most in the show? 'I don't hate anybody. In the Pooja Bedi show, I did say Raja (Choudhury) when I was asked this question. It was just an instant reaction and I think Raja hates me,' she replies. Coming to Sambhavna Seth, Payal says 'I don't like or dislike her. I am sorry if I have hurt her unintentionally. I don't want to play any blame game now.'

And ask her about Rahul Mahajan and she says, 'I know Rahul since seven years. I am fond of him but we are not in a relationship. I have seen him in both good and bad times. There is nothing more than friendship between us. I know that just because he was there I didn't interact with others nicely,' she reveals. Then, what about all those talks about Monica Bedi? 'I wasn't insecure about Monica. I was just worried about Rahul and how things will be blown out of proportion. Monica is a sweet girl and I can't control somebody's feelings.' Payal mentions that she saw the tapes after coming out and realised that it was a triangle love story that was shown to the entire world. She adds, 'The show wasn't scripted. But the editing has happened and only the spiciest things reach to the audience for higher TRPs.'

Ask her about Rahul and Monica's relationship, she says, 'I am not Rahul's personal secretary to comment on it. They are the best people to talk about it.'

How did her family react to all this? 'My family members know Rahul for a long time. Their only concern was why did I cry all the time. They also told me that I was the well-dressed girl in the house. Will she miss someone from the show? 'I had enough of it. And if I want to meet Rahul, I can meet him outside.'

Talking about her future plans, she says, 'I want to do things perfectly now as an actor. I want to utilise the exposure I have got now. I just want to work

Payal Rohatgi 

Payal Rohatgi

Payal Rohatgi is a Bollywood actress.

Biography

Payal Rohatgi was born on November 9 in Hyderabad, India. She is the daughter of Veena Rohatgi and Shashank Rohatgi. She has a brother named Gaurav Rohatgi. She was brought up in a middle class family and grew up in Ahmadabad in Gujarat. A computer engineer from L.D. College of Engineering, Ahmedabad by profession. Payal studied in Udgam School.[1], Payal Rohatgi won the title of Miss Tourism World in 2001, against candidates from 65 countries. She was also a finalist at the Femina Miss India contest in 2000. These successes encouraged Payal to enter the entertainment industry and so she moved to Mumbai. She is approximately 5'6? tall, and her star-sign is Scorpio.

Modelling career

She started her career by modelling for popular brands like Amul, Nirma, and Nescafe. She gained attention after appearing in a television ad for Cadbury's Temptations Chocolates. Around this time she also appeared in music videos by rock band Silk Route and Indipop artist Kay Kay.

After her career in Bollywood took off, Payal has cut back on the number of products she endorses. However, she appeared along with cricketer Virender Sehwag in an ad film for Dabur's Lal Dantmanjan. The film was directed by Pradeep Sarkar(Incidentally both are somehow related to Vidhu Vinod Chopra as She acted in Munnabhai I and Pardeep Sarkar made Pareeneeta for him). She was also seen in an ad film for eveready battery with Amitabh Bachchan which was directed by Pradeep Sarkar in 2006.

Bollywood career

Payal made her Bollywood debut in Harry Baweja's Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai?, a Hindi remake of the Hollywood teen flick American Pie. However, she went unnoticed in the multi-starrer. She shot into the limelight by doing some small budget films, but she seemed to have a change of heart as she realised that these small budget films were not of her sensibility as these films released badly and were shot badly.

In 2006, she signed her first A grade Bollywood film, 36 China Town, as one of the lead characters. The movie starred already established stars like Shahid Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, and Paresh Rawal. Even amongst all these stars she got noticed.

Later in that year, she appeared in the critically acclaimed Corporate where, ironically, she played the part of an item girl.

In 2007, she had her first release with Priyadarshan's film Dhol which was produced by Percept Picture Company. She played a positive second lead character, paired opposite Arbaaz Khan.

In 2008, she will be seen in a cameo opposite ranvir shorey in PNC film Ugly Aur pagli which is on release in august 2008. On Sptember 12th she shall act in another role opposite Irfan khan in a TV18 film Dil kabaddi. She will be playing the role of an aerobics instructor and has sported a very toned , lean look in the film.

Filmography

Year Title Role Other notes
2002 Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai? Esha
2003 Plan Tanya opposite bikram saluja
2003 Police Force Special Appearance In song
2004 Rakht Tanya Bipasha basu's friend
2006 36 China Town Gracy
2006 Corporate Payal Rohatgi (Actress) appearance in an item song
2007 Heyy Babyy Special Appearance opposite ritesh deshmukh
2007 Dhol Sophie opposite arbaaz khan
2008 Ugly Aur Pagli special appearance opposite ranvir shorey
2008 Dil Kabaddi Kaya opposite irfan khan
Edited by SRSR - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Diya_jennifer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks for the article .

i dont belive her she is soooooo fake and you never know when she is out of character. she is always in a character so miss fake is always fake.
i think the only way to see her true face is that they should put some scret camra in her house and she should not know that there is camra. then see her true face and true personality 🤣
🤣
seesaw128 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Well Miss Fayal should be happy that big boss atleast got her an interview with some respected newspapers. You know once I read an interview where she mentioned "Wear minimum make up..Its good for your skin" Well Ya Miss Fake..
She also mentioned "I know I have it in me to make an award winning actress. I would like to carry the film on my shoulders" Someone please tell her that she has already done that..carried the movie on her shoulders (Read Tauba Tauba..Mr 100%, etc etc) or should I say on her b**** or a**..
seesaw128 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
She was in ugly pagli where?? when??
Also the filmography is entirely biased. They should show her some "real" work..Mazaa Mazaa, ek se mera kya hoga, etc, etc
Also she said in the interview that film makers phone will call.. Well keep waiting for tht call .. She is one arrogant bitch who knows how to get on our nerves..
Edited by seesaw128 - 15 years ago
Irisduplex thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I dont understand her loyality towards rahul?....sometimes I feel bad for her...hope she gets good work and is happy in life...everybody deserves to be....btw wats her real age?
colors_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
if she was not in relationship....
why did she say guy has to answer the question when debo,zulfi asked both rahul and pa @ the relationship...... jus bcoz he din say yes...she is covering it up................she shd have said no b4 even asking rahu
kristie12 thumbnail
Really! We thought you are