certain whiff in the air about festivity and color

Posted: 15 years ago
The size and culture of India seem to co-exist in terms of magnitude. India is amongst the three largest countries in the world and its expanse makes it the most culturally diverse nation too. The marriage season in India brings with it a certain whiff in the air about festivity and colour. What is your saying on this topic please leave your kind comments buddies !! Edited by jaymayarya - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Originally posted by: jaymayarya

The size and culture of India seem to co-exist in terms of magnitude. India is amongst the three largest countries in the world and its expanse makes it the most culturally diverse nation too. The marriage season in India brings with it a certain whiff in the air about festivity and colour. What is your saying on this topic please leave your kind comments buddies !!

Nope, area-wise, India is #7 in the world.  Population-wise, It's #2. 

What's the debate here - that cultural diversity is directly proportional to the land area of a country๐Ÿ˜•

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Nope, area-wise, India is #7 in the world.  Population-wise, It's #2. 

What's the debate here - that cultural diversity is directly proportional to the land area of a country๐Ÿ˜•

The debate here is that the marriage season in india brings with a certain whiff in the air, a marriage is as great as a festival and is colourful. ๐Ÿ‘
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

The debate here is that the marriage season in india brings with a certain whiff in the air, a marriage is as great as a festival and is colourful. ๐Ÿ‘

Sorry to butt in, but I still don't see anything to debate about. ๐Ÿ˜• 

hmmmm...and we are supposed to debate whether "a marriage is as great as a festival and is colourful" or not๐Ÿค”........๐Ÿค”okay, I thunk and thunk and thunk and still don't see the debate here๐Ÿ˜•

btw, you still have not explained what does India's size have to do with the culture/marriage/festivals observed in India๐Ÿ˜‰

hmmmm...and we are supposed to debate whether "a marriage is as great as a festival and is colourful" or not๐Ÿค”........๐Ÿค”okay, I thunk and thunk and thunk and still don't see the debate here๐Ÿ˜•

btw, you still have not explained what does India's size have to do with the culture/marriage/festivals observed in India๐Ÿ˜‰

If you think there is nothing to debate then don't, simple isn't it.
Huduga thumbnail
Looks more like an opening statement of fashion article.

and festival and festivity can be two different terms in different sense.
---
And well, one marries once (mostly) while one celebrates festival every year.

And it is not cleary, which marriage ? (do we count registered marriage in court).. and which festivals ?
is this religion related ? or just a general statement, valid for every type of marriage and festivals.
---
festivity i cud understand.  but comparison with festivals ?
one is not supposed to celebrate marriage every year in the same way, getting married, doing all rituals.
but one can celebrate festivals every year.
this is one of the difference.

And before saying that marriage is as great as festival.
then first i have to decide, which festival is great ?
can be compare individual festivals ?
and then with which festival we shud compare marriage to.

If you think there is nothing to debate then don't, simple isn't it.

nope, not that simple really๐Ÿ˜›.  Once you open a thread, you can't go around telling people not to participate.  What you can do though is to make a crystal clear case for a debate๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Not that all threads here are debate threads but if I am not mistaken, you were the one lecturing in the past what a debate should be or could be๐Ÿ˜›  toh phir kya hua....khud kaisey itney confusia gaye๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

Okie, back to your so called "debate" topic๐Ÿ˜† - as Huduga pointed out the deifference between "festival" (a term used by you as a simili for marriages in India) and "festivities" (the right expression to nail down how marriages are celebrated in India), we can start a debate on:

"the marriage season in india brings with a certain whiff in the air, a marriage is as great as a festival and is colourful" - given this scenario, should Indians marry every year just like a "festival" comes every year๐Ÿ˜‰

That would be one heck of a debate - what say dude๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

P.S. Thanks Huduga....for providing the inspiration๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by Gauri_3 - 15 years ago
Golden iron thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

" - given this scenario, should Indians marry every year just like a "festival" comes every year๐Ÿ˜‰

Hey i am all for it.............does it have to same person though ๐Ÿ˜‰  ab yeh koi aoor na pad le ๐Ÿ˜†
SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hey i am all for it.............does it have to same person though ๐Ÿ˜‰  ab yeh koi aoor na pad le ๐Ÿ˜†

Koi aur kya naa padh le??? ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

Another aspect to the debate - should Indians marry every year, and if they should , then should it be the same person?
1 2
Next