Balika Vadhu

Reason behind Balika Vadhu's success ........

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Shikhoo

IF-Rockerz

Shikhoo

Posted: 11 October 2008 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Reason behind Balika Vadhu's success

Balika Vadhu has been on air for less than three months but it has pushed all the leading shows off the top spot and made it its own. The daily soap deals with the sensitive topics of child-marriage and could that be the reason that it has left saas bahu sagas far behind in ther ace for high TRPs?

What is that special feature about this soap which distinguishes it from other dailies - that's the question we put to the cast of Balika Vadhu. And this is what they have to say:

"I knew the show would do wonders when I read the story for the first time. A different story line is what has made it so popular," says the 11-year-old Avika Gor who plays Anandi in the show.

Smita Bansal who plays Anandi's mother-in-law says, "Conception plays a major role. About Balika I would say that right from conception to direction every thing is very good. The nobility of a small child getting married is what has fascinated the viewers so much."

"Considering the fact that the show has been on-air for the last 2 and a-half months only and Colors being a completely new channel, I think it's a very big achievement for us", says an elated Smita.

The impact of this journey of a minor girl has astonished stars working for other television soaps. So what do other soaps lack that Ballika Vadhu has managed to tap into?

Angad aka Alekh of Bidaai says, " The story line plays a very important role in the game of TRPs. I haven't seen Balika Vadhu personally but I am sure it has a brilliant story line and that's the reason why it's rocking. As far as our show is concerned we all are very hard-workering and our story line is also very strong. Rest everything depends on luck. But I am sure with such a good story line, we would continue to have good TRPs."

Kis Des Mein's Heer (Additi Gupta) makes her point saying, "Viewers always want to see something new and different…Balika Vadhu is a show with a totally new concept and that's the reason why it has made big in a very short span of time. Talk about us, even we are working hard… the track will not be changed just to raise the TRPs but what I would say is we're definitely trying hard, so hope it'll soon raise the TRPs."

Neha Baam, Maahi of Maayka watches Balika regularly. Neha says, "Balika Vadhu is a very simple cute story of a small girl who gets married at a very young age. To get good TRPs, it's not necessary to have high drama; a good story line is important. Hence, to get good TRPs, I think we need to have something different…people need a change; they want something different from these daily saas-bahu sagas."

Banoo Main Teri Dulhan on Zee TV was enjoying the top spot for the longest time. But that too has also slipped down gradually. Divyanka Tripathi, the female lead of the show has a different point to make. She says, "Nothing is lacking as such in our show. TRPs keep coming up and down. Presently Dulhan has switched on to a very good and a new story line... a completely interesting track. It will take some time for the TRPs to rise but I am sure that will happen very soon. We are working very hard and we'll surely get its fruit. All we need is patience."

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Reason behind Balika Vadhu's success ........" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anjalipranav

Goldie

anjalipranav

Posted: 12 October 2008 at 12:15am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing........

i must say, all other actors of different shows must dont have time to catch BV and so they are just impressed with the story line, but acco to me, the treatment to the story is superb.

sugna ka gauna 18 yrs me karne ka faisla ya anandi aur jagdish ko 18 yrs tak alag bedroom me rakhne ka faisla or tauji se bairav ka yeh kehna ki gehna ko thoda time diya jaye naye relationship ko samhalne ke liye.........all these are very sensitive issues they are dealing with but they are doing tremendous job. i also must say, i never saw any TV show having such a tremendous acting by each & every actor..

Acco to me BV and 'Radha ki betiyan.......' are two sensible shows on TV

Edited by anjalipranav - 12 October 2008 at 12:15am

flute

IF-Dazzler

flute

Posted: 12 October 2008 at 1:14am | IP Logged
woowww!!!
balika vadhu has shaken all others like Neha n Divyanka!!!!!!!!!

really BV has a great concept!!Clap

Shikhoo

IF-Rockerz

Shikhoo

Posted: 12 October 2008 at 8:54am | IP Logged
i think soooooooooooooClap

Shikhoo

IF-Rockerz

Shikhoo

Posted: 13 October 2008 at 12:25am | IP Logged
hey see this..................Smile

Post Reply New Post