Posted: 10 October 2008 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
- Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair
- The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
- Our eyes remain the same size from birth onward, but our noses and ears
never stop growing.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV.
- A person will die from total lack of sleep sooner than from starvation.
- Death will occur about 10 days without sleep, while starvation takes a
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
- The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows.
- When the moon is directly overhead, you weigh slightly less.
- Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, never telephoned
his Wife or mother because they were both deaf.
- "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language
- Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking
countries because Colgate translates into the command "go hang yourself."
- The smallest unit of time is the yoctosecond
- Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different
- "Bookkeeper" is the only word in English language with three consecutive
- Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left handed
- The sentence "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every
letter in the English language
- If the population of China walked past you in single line, the line would
never end because of the rate of reproduction
- China has more English speakers than the United States
- Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell.
- Each square inch of human skin consists of twenty feet of blood vessels.
- The longest place name still in use is:
nuakitanatahu- a New Zealand hill
- If you leave Tokyo by plane at 7:00am, you will arrive in Honolulu (US)
at approximately 4:30pm the previous day.
i found them reele interesting, so thought to share
do leave a comment!