Kuch Sunaiye tho - poetry contest.

Posted: 18 years ago
Dear Friends,

When going through the forum, we noticed so many of you have such wonderful talents.   We have so many of us who are such good designers and thanks to them, all the forums are now sporting such beautiful and colourful  banners.  We got no dearth of writing talents as well.  Many among us write so beautifully, that we are now inspired to have a Poetry contest, or rather call it creative writing. 

Now for the first time IF is having a global poetry contest. The contest is open to all members of IF. Isn't it a wonderful oppurtunity to jot down your beautiful thoughts and share with fellow IF-ians?

Just to make it easy for all of you, we have made a few themes around which the poetries could be centred around.   We have made the themes in Hindi, but for those who prefer to write in English, you could centre it around the basic theme.

The themes of the contest are:

Suhaag ki nishaani - Sindoor

Pyaar mein intezaar

Pyaar ki Khamoshi

Pyaar ka Ehsaas

Zindagi ke kuch pal

Kashish pyaar ka

Aankhen khubsurat hai...

Zindagi ki peheli...

Dil Tanha hai...

Khamosh Aankhen....

Bewaafa Pyaar...

Jeevan ek Sangharsh........

Sapne.......

Here are the rules and guidelines of the contest:

1. Entries can be in Hindi, English and Urdu.

2. Poems should not be longer than 12 lines.

3. Please try to stick to the theme of the contest.

4. Poems should be your own and must not have been published in any other book/ publication or websites.

5. A member can send as many poems as they like on any or all of the themes above. 

6. Poems should not contain any sexual or explicit content.

7. Rules are subject to change but any rule change shall be incorporated at least 2 days before the contest ends.

8. Members should not make multiple accounts to send poems or vote for it. If found violating this rule, the account will be banned.

9. Please don't post your poems on the forum.

10.  To maintain anonymity and have a fair contest, please PM your poems to Priya.Nair and Jelly_1984 . It is important that you PM your entries to both else it will not be counted. Last date for submitting poems is Oct 23rd.

11.  After the last date of the contest, we will be posting all the entries in the forum and will invite members to read, judge and select the best entry of their choice.   The poetry with maximum votes would be declared the winner.

Note: Any queries regarding the contest can be posted on this thread.

Tho, Kuch Sunaiye tho.... hum baithe hain sunne aapke alwaaz ko...
Edited by s.priya - 18 years ago
okie dokie...now is a contest which i can participate in...finally 😆 😆 😆

ok me sending soon....thanx for the info :P
Awesome!!!
I will definetly take part 😊

Aryan
Thanks for the announcement di 😊
We encourage everyone to participate and please send your entries by the deadline date to me or priya.nair

Good Luck to all participants! 👍🏼
Edited by jelly_1984 - 18 years ago
WOW!
Count my entries..;)
thts kooll but when shud be post our poetries..i write alot but didnt actually share it with anyone..let me know when can we actually post it..

Tansha
Originally posted by tisha

Questions:
1.Should each poem be in one language or a combination?
Its your choice.  Ideally, purists would prefer a single language, but we leave the choice to you.  Creativity is what matters and welcomed.

To differentiate between Hindi and Urdu in a poem would be mighty tough.Can we combine English and Hindi in one poem?
Yes.  If thats creative, it is welcome. 

2.Do we have to send one poem in one post or can we combine and send it by categorizing them?
You can send all your poems together or in individual pms, as you wish.  There is no hard and fast rule for the same.  Its up to you.  The only important thing is you must submit all your entries by the 23rd October.

3.The topics are very generic. Can we spice them up by putting soap characters in them?
Yes. Of course, we have deliberately left the topics generic, so that you have the luxury of playing around with the words, with the emotions, the way you want.  We would love you to experiment creatively.

4.How will they be judged?
We would, after the last date of posting, will post all the poems on the forum.  All our members would read it and give their votes to their preferred poetry.  In the event of a tie, the Moderators would take a decision.  

Originally posted by Tansha

thts kooll but when shud be post our poetries..i write alot but didnt actually share it with anyone..let me know when can we actually post it..

Tansha

You can pm it to Priya Nair or Jelly_1984 even now.  In any case, please pm your entries by 23rd October.
Do we PM both of u or we can just PM 1 of u Priya?

Aryan
Hi Aryan,

For fair judgement, we want all members to send their poems to priya.nair and me. 😊

Good Luck,
Jasleen