Punjabi Channel

Punjabi Families

~*manai*~ thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
saat shri akaal!! kida?? saare thik thak ho ke nai? you know what i was thinking with my family the other day! we were talking about how punjabi families are soooooooo closee like super super close to each other!!! like gore lok they don't even talk to their cuzins you know? but like our punjabi families are so close that my cuzins are my brothers and sister! i never call them cuzins i always call them brothers and sisters! my family is sooooooo sweet and funny! we all have a joke around attitude towards each other! we always make jokes! even my mom and dad and my pua's poofer's chacha's chachi's taya tayi mummi mamma ji's all joke around! i love my family! tell me about yours

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rainydays. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
My family is close but we don't go around calling my cousins brothers and sisters. Not really used to it. My mama ji and mami ji live a few houses down with my nani (I call her vaddi mummy๐Ÿ˜Š) and I always run there when I get in trouble from my mom๐Ÿ˜† And then my dadi dadi live like a 10 mins drive away with my chacha chachi. Itz kinda funny though because all of my dad's cousins live close by as well and we're all in like one area and we joke how our whole pind is in one city๐Ÿ˜† I don't talk that much with my 3rd cousins (my dad's side) but we all know that we're there for each other๐Ÿ˜Š My taya ji's are hilarious though. They're awesome. Especially the youngest one. Him and tayi ji are so cool! And I can also say that all of my older 3rd cousins have baby sat me and my siblings at least once. Brings back memories....
simran1285 thumbnail
I agree Manai I refer to all my cousins as brother and sister we have never said cousins or even felt like they were cousins. I was born and raised in a huge joint family in Punjab my Dad has 4 brothers and 3 sisters all the 4 brothers are married with 2-3 kids each and most those kids are also married with 2 kids each๐Ÿ˜† My oldest bro is 2 years younger than my mom (in his 40's) hence I became a Pua when I was about 3 years old. We have 4 generations living in my house currently and I have never once felt that they are not my immediate family.   
 On my mom's side I am the only sister of 9 brothers hence I am pampered like hell by my overprotective veerji's, though it's annoying at times but I love them too much and even they don't know what cousin means therefore whenever they introduce me to people they introduce me as their sister never cousin sister๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

ok let me stop as I am beginning to miss my veerji's like hell I will ring them up when I get home.
_sukhi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Yeah man i also agree we basically grew up with our taya jiz family an daddi n dadda... we never called our tayi tayi we called her vaddi mummy hehe.. ๐Ÿ˜ณ  but yeah was living with them for like 15 years soo we become so close we didnt actually call each other as cousins we was like brother n sisters sab ke sab was 5 of us.. before my younger 2 sisters was born.. so much fun tho.... an my mamajiz family lives in india we are close to them every time we would go india they would give so much pyaar haye.... only one we dont have much connection with is my Pua due to some problems.. but yeah everyone else even my massi she lives a few roads away an shes alwayz over an OMG meri mommy an her talk so lOUD on the fone like they speaking from mars ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†  i think the closest i am with i have to say my taya jis family coz we grew up with them.. but sare pyaar dinde ya.. an even chacha jiz family they like gore types alwayz speaking english haha punjabi taan sikki vi nehi.. when they come we teach em tori punjabi they go back n forget it lol.. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† budhu kehin ke.... well i can go on n on... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

~*manai*~ thumbnail
awww your families are so cute!!!

lolzzzzzz my paaji's always pamper my everyneed and overprotect me lolzzz don't get me started with the whole overprotected thing!!! i can go on and on and on!!! can you beleive they won't let me wear regular close around them! its always suits! but whatever
i still love my veerji's!
simran1285 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ~*manai*~

awww your families are so cute!!!

lolzzzzzz my paaji's always pamper my everyneed and overprotect me lolzzz don't get me started with the whole overprotected thing!!! i can go on and on and on!!! can you beleive they won't let me wear regular close around them! its always suits! but whatever
i still love my veerji's!

OMGGGGGGGG Manai same here my veerji's always make me wear suits and always make me cover up head to toe at times I finally retort and say why don't you all just buy me a burkha! my veerji's are very overprotective too yaar, they beat up so many guys when I went to India this time and I was never allowed to go anywhere without a veerji. Actually my Mamaji is the head police guy in Punjab so everyone is scared of him and my veerji is also a cop so he is always talking about getting me a bodygaurd when I visit but then the thought of another man with me all the time makes him change his mind...he says no need I will handle everything๐Ÿ˜†

buy you're right I love my veerji's๐Ÿ˜ณ
jassiee. thumbnail

My cousins are like the closet people to me on earth! I tell them EVERYTHING possible, and they're always there for me! Most of my cousins live in a different city as me, but I always go visit them when I have holidays, or they show up at my house a lott. My aunts / uncles are CLOSE as hell, whenever I go stay with them .. they never treat me differently. Thats what i loveee about them! But, I'm not close to anyone from my dad's side.. I dunnoe why, I never really go to their house.. I'm closest to my uncles family, I go to vacations with 'em and spend A LOTT of time with them even though we don't live anywhere near them. :)

I love my family, I dunnoe what i'll do without 'em, especially, my cousins! <3
~*manai*~ thumbnail
Originally posted by: simran1285

OMGGGGGGGG Manai same here my veerji's always make me wear suits and always make me cover up head to toe at times I finally retort and say why don't you all just buy me a burkha! my veerji's are very overprotective too yaar, they beat up so many guys when I went to India this time and I was never allowed to go anywhere without a veerji. Actually my Mamaji is the head police guy in Punjab so everyone is scared of him and my veerji is also a cop so he is always talking about getting me a bodygaurd when I visit but then the thought of another man with me all the time makes him change his mind...he says no need I will handle everything๐Ÿ˜†

buy you're right I love my veerji's๐Ÿ˜ณ

simz thats soo funny and same here! you know what my paaji said to me! he is like when you come back to india gain 500 pounds and cut your hair like a boy so no guy talks to you!๐Ÿ˜† i was likeno way i like my skinny self!๐Ÿ˜†
~*manai*~ thumbnail
jassie same here i love my cuz!
Multani90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yeah same here. I am very very close with my family and my extended family especially with the mama jis. Like my mother is the only sister out of 4 brothers so my mama ji's pamper me like anything. Its a bit overwhemling with how much love they give me. And all my cousins are mostly boys, there are like 10 boys,and 3 girls. And I am oh so close to all of them. And I love my nani ji to death. When I was three I came to the United States, and I used to call her in India and just start crying. And another thing I love is that I joke with my family too, they are just so so fun. Edited by Multani90 - 15 years ago