India-Forums

TechTalk & Personal Computing Guide
TechTalk & Personal Computing Guide

Excel Problem of bulbuli75

bulbuli75 Newbie
bulbuli75
bulbuli75

Posted: 17 January 2005 at 1:56am | IP Logged
thanx humm . hey in any episode can u solve my problem ? i was creating a datasheet that wud accept 1 character in 1 cell in some predefined group of cells and convert them into numerical value (not equal to ascii values) and add them up . well i tried in both ways through functions and macros . in funtion part i cannot think of a function to translate the alphabets to numbers (ranging from 1-8 but not in orderly manner )Cry. and when i was with the macro programming there was  different type of problem .
1. i can enter multiple characters in 1 cell , i tried configuring a masked edit control but that simply refuses  to move with cell selection Angry.
2. when i was done with entering values and have entered the next destined cell in order the macro button is inactive . i have to choose a cell way out of that range to make the button work Confused.
3. the value in the last entered cell is always ommitted in the sum Ouch.

HUMM IF-Dazzler
HUMM
HUMM

Posted: 17 January 2005 at 7:59am | IP Logged
hmmm... i need some time buddy! ...Confused
can't find the solution now! .. wait for sometime... shall help u out soon!Big smileBig smile
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top