TV serials scramble to cover up - Article

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 06 October 2008 at 6:45am | IP Logged
TV serials scramble to cover up

The whole of the television industry was shut for three days last week due to the strike by junior artists, and now everyone is scrambling to make sure we don't get to watch too many repeat telecasts.
Gyaan, Executive Producer of Maayka (Zee TV) said: "There has been the loss of three episodes, which is a big one. We are now shooting 20 hours a day; today we are shooting for an episode to be telecast tomorrow - and I think we won't be able to finish it and therefore we will have to shoot tomorrow morning too". Romit Raj, who plays Jeet on the show says: "There is the pressure of three days now because of the strike; we have no time for rest".

On the other hand, Executive Producer of Kasturi (Star Plus), Arvind says they haven't suffered much "We've worked in normal shifts only; it's just that we had to speed up. We didn't suffer any episode losses, whatever delay in the schedule was caused by the strike, we've covered up on Saturday and Sunday".

Smita Bansal who plays Anandi's mother-in-law in Balika Vadhu (Colors) says the strike has affected them too but comparatively to a lesser extent. "Balika has a bank of four episodes, so there hasn't been much of a problem. But instead of shooting for 10 hours earlier, now I am shooting for 12 hours a day. And we are in a position where we are
shooting today for tomorrow's episode, let's hope we cope up with it very soon" sighs Smita.

So did she miss shooting? "My brother-in-law will be getting married soon, so I spent these three days shopping with my daughter. The strike was only for three days, had it been for some more time I would've definitely missed work".

The people on Kis Des Mein (Star Plus) are doing all work and no play as they are shooting 24/7. Production Head Anmol tells us "We shoot one day before telecast, so Wednesday and Thursday was a problem. No major losses as such, but we worked for 24 hours on Saturday and Sunday and this still continues".

Sharad Kelkar aka Nahar of Saat Phere (Zee TV) has missed shooting through all this time. "I was in Goa all these days with my family but I love acting and I've missed it," he says "We suffered losses as repeat episodes were shown but now the whole team is working hard to beat the stress, I am shooting for 15 hours a day instead of 12, so
hopefully we'll be able to get over it soon".

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CeruleanSky-aditi-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TV serials scramble to cover up - Article" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sweta47

sweta47

Posted: 06 October 2008 at 8:05am | IP Logged
ohhhhhhhhhhh so sad

Post Reply New Post

Go to top