Chat Clubs

Authenticated knowledge needed

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

venishaverma

venishaverma

Posted: 02 October 2008 at 8:19am | IP Logged
I am 26 mother of two children expecting third one in about four months. I have done Masters in fine arts in economics. I am educated as per today's standards. I am moderate but not fully like present day generation. I beieve on liberalism as well as I believe on forefathers tradition, soceity customs and religious obligations. I am not like westerners completely lib not too orthodox on religious. In spare time i spent much on reading. Like today's trend mostly I read on internet as print media is gradully becoming hard due to increasing prices. For sometime surfing the net and coming through different topics a question is pinning my mind over which despite my thorough research I could not find a definite answer except different personal views but not authenticated established source. The question is, is in our Hindu religious methodolgy a husband is allowed to have milk of her feeding wife may be just for a joy or just for teasing the feeding child. Through my search I learnt Muslims are prohibited for this. I searched christianity is silent on it. In Jeoan religion I found it does not allow direct milking from weening breast but takes it a holy blessing to fetch some milk and add to the food of infertile couples. I searched Jewish and two other such religions and even tribes. I tried to search our Hindu religious books but could not get some positive information. I talked to one very senior respected now retired colleague.  She was a grandmother. She told me shastars and principles of our Hindu religion does not like this though today most of couple do often do. But, she added, in her age when this modernism and TV had not changed the traditions of the soceity though couples were mostly uneducated but under an unwritten code they avoided it when mother was on feeding. Can any one guide me to the name of any authenticated book or any published printed or internet articles but from authenticated scholars on this topic. This is only my reading courisity and just for my academic knowledge interest..     

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Authenticated knowledge needed" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top