Rules & Announcements

Should Username change be Allowed? (Page 3)

Poll Question: Should we allow members to change their username?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
17 [4.35%]
68 [17.39%]
49 [12.53%]
257 [65.73%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 15

vasamv

Goldie

vasamv

Posted: 01 October 2008 at 12:44pm | IP Logged

User names may be changed only with approval of Admn /Dev team.If this puts a heavy burden on them no change should be allowed.

If a change is allowed members should be told about old and new user names so that they may know who is re-appearing with new name.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should Username change be Allowed? (Page 3)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Priya-

IF-Addictz

-Priya-

Posted: 01 October 2008 at 1:07pm | IP Logged

yes btu wiht admin/ mods approvement  n yeh like DB said for if dazzlers n rockerz btu they could wrtie in theri singature thta thye have changed their username  

i think a few ppl in If have changed the username's

-Nina-

IF-Rockerz

-Nina-

Posted: 01 October 2008 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
According to me Yes
But It can create Some Probs then
so that will be better if We can Send a PM To the dev team and ask them to do that for Us

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 01 October 2008 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 01 October 2008 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Sometimes people have a change of heart, or they want to use their real name or some sentimental phrase and they should be able to change it, but hopefully not every five minutes. 

tvfan1401

IF-Sizzlerz

tvfan1401

Posted: 01 October 2008 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
There is already so many confusing and similar sounding ids floating...... plus so many members getting banned and coming back againWacko......life on IF is  very difficult already......now if everyone change their ids  you got to remember "who was who" Wacko....

Anyways, let democracy decide !!!

@Vijay, I have huge problem with some ids that are disturbing and should not have been here coz its a universal forum. Has IF got any filters inplace for choosing user names? Words like  "Kill" should be banned  in user names.....

Where will my favoirite IF addict list appear againCry

Rachu_1987

IF-Sizzlerz

Rachu_1987

Posted: 01 October 2008 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
well i selected that members should b allowed every 6 months....but i reckon that there should be a limit.....say each member is allowed to change their username 3/4 times....when they have changed it for the 3rd/4th time then they shouldn't be allowed to change it again.....

i know it kinda confuses ppl when members change their usernames so i think this is a good idea 2 stop tht

ksg.

IF-Sizzlerz

ksg.

Posted: 01 October 2008 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
I think letting members change their users should be allowed, but not so frequent like everyday!

Every 6 months sounds good to me!
But I also think that it should be approved by the Modz/I-F Team because lots of people are making users that bash characters from shows and that really hurts fans!

For example, in the DMG forum, people who hate Shilpa Anand make users with names like ShilpaSucks and I think that's VERY offending to fans!

-Noreen

Post Reply New Post

Go to top