Rules & Announcements

Should Username change be Allowed? (Page 15)

Poll Question: Should we allow members to change their username?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
17 [4.35%]
68 [17.39%]
49 [12.53%]
257 [65.73%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 15 of 15

Page 1 Page 14
Page   of 15

bellajacob

IF-Dazzler

bellajacob

Posted: 04 October 2008 at 11:57am | IP Logged
nope

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should Username change be Allowed? (Page 15)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-KingAragorn-

IF-Sizzlerz

-KingAragorn-

Posted: 04 October 2008 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
Personally... I'm against Username Change.... My humble opinion is that someone should change a username only if they have very strong reasons for doing so (like..  they absolutely hate the name or chose something in a hurry during registration and regret it now... something like that).

IF is not a chat room, it's a forum. Some restrictions should be in place. Frequent username change would make it very difficult to know who I'm interacting with. Also, losing track of people I know is a big concern. For example, there are certain people who's threads I find very interesting, and I always try to read them and post comments. If I'm not here for couple of months and someone has changed names then it becomes very inconvenient.

To sum it up, I'm against Username change as it will upset the way people interact with each other. Exceptions can be made through Admin reviews. Thanks for reading  :)

pribhu

IF-Dazzler

pribhu

Posted: 05 October 2008 at 4:23am | IP Logged
i think it shouldnt be alllowed as it will create lot of problems for members and also coz a lot of problem while pming members too...

but i Do not mind if it is allowed once in every 6months...but once in 6 months that should be the max and this option should be limited to fewer groups on IF....may be not newbies and groupie.......once after member are goldie this option should be opened to them

thx
pri

-Afreen-

IF-Dazzler

-Afreen-

Posted: 05 October 2008 at 5:39am | IP Logged

Yes. the username change should be allowed but once in 6 months only. otherwsie it is goin to ge confusing. you can allow members when they become goldies..not before that..Smile

Edited by afreen..... - 05 October 2008 at 5:42am

luv_pavi

IF-Rockerz

luv_pavi

Posted: 05 October 2008 at 6:01am | IP Logged
hmm shud b changee i thinkk

saba

Post Reply New Post

Go to top