Should Username change be Allowed? - Page 4

Poll

Should we allow members to change their username?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HayeSiyaapa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
i think it should be allowed... cuz likee wen pl first join they usually have their name and or somethign abt some show.. after a while people may realize it isntas safe to keep their namein their username and dey wanna change that .. i mean its a valid reason... when first tmakin a username no one goes thru hours of though thinkin wat wil be the perfect usuername they will keep forever.. and ppl use show character.. but shows end charatcers die.. ppl dnt wannakeep dat... i think ti shoudl be allowed every 6ish minths
HOWEVER, i thnk admin approal is too much of a hassle.. itsalmost liek the old ay then where we have to wait till an admin change our username and sometimes admins r too busy to change usernames esp wendey hve a bigrequest of em.. dat takes too much time and is liek the current system.. lmsot no change
Edited by pyaari_puja - 15 years ago
-tanya- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Changed usernames everyday would just not work, so 6 months interval seems pretty good.
Yahoo2 thumbnail
Yes. It will be fun changing everyday!
-Jwalamukhi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
I voted for every 6 months but I think it is not a great idea, I don't know why, but yea, it's not that good of an idea. I think you should keep it every 6 months but a limit of how many times they can change thier username. So that every time they change thier username, a count is placed that keeps on lowering the number of username changes they have done.

I hope I didn't confuse anyone....
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I think 6 month time frame seems like a great idea
ShaFiLICIOUS thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i think it should be allowed! But it might be too confusing to recognized who is who and it will take a while but im sure we will know who is who!
mittijalebi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
why does one need to change their username........and that too every 6 months.  if anything it should be approved by the admin and one should be allowed to change their name only once.  any more than that is really unnecessary. 

plus this poll seems useless.  same person can vote multiple times.
kmishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I want to change mine but at the same time I don't think it is a good idea. It'll cause a lot of confusion.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I don't think they should be allowed because it's really confusing then! You get used to talking to people on here by their screen name, and if it's different it's like you're talking to a different person. There's no way to verify besides taking the person's word that they were the same person you talked to before, but only a new screen name.

Hope that makes sense! 😆
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
changing user name and that to at regular intervals hmm

i don't think that usernames must be changed at regular intervals...if there is a need then it can be after 6 months but just so u can support an actor as now ur crush list has changed can cause problems ...especially if you are part of the dev team.or want to become a part..to keep track of who is the DT of the section can become difficult or knowing if this was the username that was giving us problems... unless u have a database where we can look up the changes ..because even if it needs to be approved by GM/admin we may not be aware that this person's history.

I know most people want to be discreet when they join the forum and later they want to have their name as username and i think that;s fine or else if you have not changed for ages so ya they can change