Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Manzz

Coolbie

Manzz

Posted: 30 September 2008 at 11:25pm | IP Logged

True And Amusing Anecdotes

Hello

Bizarre or funny things that really have happened!

MY SON moved to a neighboring province to begin his freshman year in forestry. After a while, to encourage him to write regularly, I sent him several self-addressed envelopes of the loan company I work for. Within a week I had a reply. On the inside of the flap of the envelopes I sent was a form offering extra cash to people who already had loans. The form was completed with a request for $50.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Anecdotes - - Funny Side Of Life" in Miscellaneous forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Manzz

Coolbie

Manzz

Posted: 30 September 2008 at 11:32pm | IP Logged

Hello

MANY people today are critical of modern education for failing to teach the fundamentals. I hadn't realized just how far this had gone until one day when I stopped at the entrance to Banff National Park to get a new park permit. The charming young lady in the booth, noting that the old sticker on my windshield bore the letter S (meaning that the permit had been issued without fee to a senior citizen), asked brightly, "And are you still a senior citizen, sir? "

Manzz

Coolbie

Manzz

Posted: 30 September 2008 at 11:42pm | IP Logged

Hello

As a test pilot for Boeing, I participated in the flight-test program of the U.S. Air Force's E-3A airplane. It's a modified 707, and a large circular device called a radome mounted on top of the fuselage makes it easy to identify. On one flight, Boeing radioed me just as I had passed over a golf course. They said they were on the phone with a golfer who worked as an engineer on the E-3A program. He said that one just flew over and it looked as if the radome wasn't turning properly. I told Boeing everything was fine and to tell the man to keep his head down. Later I got a call in my office. The person identified himself as the engineer I had told to keep his head down. He wanted me to know that he'd finally made a hole in one.

Edited by Manzz - 30 September 2008 at 11:44pm

Manzz

Coolbie

Manzz

Posted: 30 September 2008 at 11:44pm | IP Logged

Hello

A HERD of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo, and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole keeps improving by the regular culling of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can operate only as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills off brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker cells, constantly making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

The results of this in-depth epidemiological study verifies and validates the causal link between all weekend parties and engineering performance. It also explains why, after a few short years of leaving university and getting married, most engineers cannot keep up with the performance of the new graduates. Only those few that stick to the strict regimen of voracious alcoholic consumption can maintain the intellectual levels that they achieved during their university years.

So, this is a call to arms. As our country is losing its technological edge we should not shudder in our homes. Get back into the bars! Quaff that pint! Your company and country need you to be at your peak, and you shouldn't deny yourself the career that you could have. Be all that you can be.

Edited by Manzz - 30 September 2008 at 11:45pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top