Dancing to God's tune - Article

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 30 September 2008 at 2:37am | IP Logged
Dancing to God's tune

Navratri, the festival of worshipping God along with dance and lots of fun is about to begin. It is one of the most popular festivals amongst Hindus. After nine nights of colour, dance and fun comes 'Dussera' which marks the victory of Lord Rama over Ravana. We asked some of T.V stars about what this festival means to them and how they plan to celebrate:
Smita%20Bansal
Smita Bansal who plays little Anandi's mother-in-law in Balika Vadhu(Colors) says that the festival is very special for her. "Every year l have Ashtami Pujan, that is I'll fast at the seventh day and open my fast at the eighth day (Ashtami)," says Smita. She adds, "I love going to Phalguni's Dandias but I don't think I'll be able to go this time, I will probably go to the dandia function at my daughter's school."

But the Navrati that stands out for her was when she was in school, "Once when I was in school in Delhi, I lied to my parents and went for Navratri Dandia with one of my friends when I wasn't allowed to. Unfortunately we got caught and as punishment we were not allowed to go to school for a week," recollects Smita.

Parul aka Ragini of Bidaai (Star Plus) will be celebrating Dussera a little differently this year as she will be on set. "I fast every year throughout Navratri but this year it won't be possible because I am already fasting for Ramzan, but I'll surely try," says Parul. "Due to the busy schedule, We (I, Sara, Angad & Kingshuk) have decided that we'll celebrate the festival on the set itself by keeping the Puja on any one of the nine days followed by Dandia," she adds further.

Neha%20Baam

Neha Baam, Maahi of Maayka (Zee TV) has similar plans. She says, "Every year at our place Mata's mandap is put up, so I'll go there. I am out of town presently but once I am back, I'll make 'mata ka Prasad'. But this year I will not be fasting."

She adds that Navratri was the only time when she would get to stay out late. "Something which I remember and always liked the most about Navratri was that it was only during this time of the year when we used to have a big treat and I was allowed to stay out late with my brother for Dandia," says Neha.

Reshmi's (Bhoomi in Kyunki) who usually goes home to celebrate Durgapuja will be staying back this year. "Every year during Durgapuja, I go to Kolkata, my hometown, it's a festival of buying new clothes, eating delicacies, visiting all the pandals etc. It's a time to have loads of fun," answers excited Reshmi. "But unfortunately this year I'll be busy with Nach Baliye as I'll be going for its promotion on 8th, but hopefully I'll fast," she adds.

Rajshree%20Thakur

Rajshri Thakur, aka Saloni of Saat Phere enjoyed the festival the most in her childhood days with her society. She used to get involved with all decoration work and also participated in garba competition. This year she would be shooting and apart from this, she will be 'attending a Puja' at her in-laws place.

We wish all our stars a very happy Navratri!!!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maya-IndraDagaanjali83192CeruleanSkyskeptical-aditi-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dancing to God's tune - Article" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top