Severus Snape or James Potter?

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago
Okay, now that we know the whooole story of Harry Potter, what do you guys think? Do you think Lily should have been married with Snape, or do you support her marriage with James? Yes, Severus Snape suffered a lot, the poor soul, I really feel sorry for the miserable life he led, but is James completely to blame? These days, lots of people think Lily and James don't make a good couple anymore. What is your opinion?

Snape

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mockingjay1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Well, I do feel sorry for Snape, but since Lily chose James, I guess she does it better with James. And Snape made Harry's life more miserable, so I think I would stick to Lily-James.
HarshuKiDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

for me it has to be james, but if only snape washed his hair, i'd hv picked him  😉

wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Lily-James but yes, I do feel sorry for Snape. But then again, If Lily has married Snape, then we wouldnt have known how brave Snape really is and that he deserved to be in gryffindor(not that I dont like slytherins, of course.😊)
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I have to admit, I'm a James/Lily fan too. I do feel so so so sorry for poor Snape, who after all, did lead a miserable life, especially after finding out Lily, who he loved with all his heart, was going to marry the person he hated. But I still don't think that excuses his behavior towards Harry, who after all was Lily's son along with James's. Just because Harry looked like his father didn't mean he was completely like him.  
In the seventh book, the chapter about Severus and Lily's childhood was so sad! It really made me tear up! I hated Snape before, especially after the death of Dumbledore, but my hatred completely melted after that chapter. Poor guy!
But even after all this, I think Lily and James make a better couple than Severus and Lily, because if Lily had married Snape, although he loved her a lot, he was still fascinated by the Dark Arts, and married to him, Lily would have been dragged into all the death eater business too. Who knows? Maybe Lily would have started disliking Snape, and Snape would have thought Lily wasn't the person he thought to be? They might have even gotten a divorce. As friends, Severus and Lily are perfect, but as enemies first and lovers later, there's a certain charm with the couple James and Lily.
It's as if they are soul mates, and they were made for each other. That's why, although Lily had hated him with a passion, she actually married James later. Nothing but true love and fate could have brought them together. If only poor Severus hadn't been hurt in the process. It would have been perfect if he had found true love later on, although we know Lily was always his true love. Poor soul...but we can't have everything in life! 
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: redhotght

Lily-James but yes, I do feel sorry for Snape. But then again, If Lily has married Snape, then we wouldnt have known how brave Snape really is and that he deserved to be in gryffindor(not that I dont like slytherins, of course.😊)

^ Because no one in Slytherin could possibly be brave, right? 😛

I'm a general supporter of the Snape-Lily pairing but I don't like Snape's obsession in the books. 
nyla_193 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ok i feel sorry for snape but i still prefer lily-james
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShadowKisses

^ Because no one in Slytherin could possibly be brave, right? 😛

I'm a general supporter of the Snape-Lily pairing but I don't like Snape's obsession in the books. 

I guess they can be. But there werent any in canon that we know of except Snape .But I feel in the epilogue they should have discontinued sorting just for the reason that it gives them a label like "intelligent" "brave" etc. But Oh well.
And I'm also unaware of how the sorting is actually carried on. How does the sorting hat decide which student is to be put in which group?
Edited by redhotght - 15 years ago
with_it thumbnail
If it was not Lilly-James, there would be no Harry Potter. There would be Harry Snape! Also, as Snape was godfather of Malfoy, there would be no rivalry between them - a thing that makes the story so interesting.

We know so much about Snape, but almost nothing about James/Lilly. I wish there was more to know about them.

Yes, a prequel to Harry Potter would be awesome. A story of Voldemort's rise to power and the first war! It would make much more interesting read than Beedle the Bard's story.
shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: with_it

If it was not Lilly-James, there would be no Harry Potter. There would be Harry Snape! Also, as Snape was godfather of Malfoy, there would be no rivalry between them - a thing that makes the story so interesting.

We know so much about Snape, but almost nothing about James/Lilly. I wish there was more to know about them.

Yes, a prequel to Harry Potter would be awesome. A story of Voldemort's rise to power and the first war! It would make much more interesting read than Beedle the Bard's story.

Agreed