Posted: 16 January 2005 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
Hey guys, Devi ended. Here is basically the run down of what happened.
- Vikram prays to the Devi maa and asks that she protect Kalika and not let any harm come to her and her child...I kinda didn't understand the part but he was like asking for forgiveness and said that he would rather that the Devi take his life and spare Kalika. The Devi hears and she says that when someone has prayed to her with such deep meaning in his heart, then why shouldn't she intervene and let his wish come true. She also says that this was Gayatri's last wish that she have this baby and that now it has come true. So she listens to Vikram's prayer and we are shown with Kalika inside some cave. The light comes out from the window and she wakes up (doesn't she have any cramps after giving birth??) and looks around to see that no one is there and her baby is gone. She calls out "Raj!" "Maaji" but no one answers her. She wants to know where her baby is.
- Meanwhile, the chachas and the old woman and Raj are taking the baby from the forest into another cave where they want to sacrifice the baby to gain more power. All of the sudden, the oldest chacha realizes that the baby they have is not a boy but is a girl. At first they are dissappointed that it was not the boy they hoped it would be to sacrifice. Then they realize that this baby girl is a special baby and that she is not just any ordinary baby girl, but she is the Goddess Devi herself reborn again. They become excited and say that by killing this baby, not only will they gain more power, but they would also be killing a goddess (i didnt really know what they meant).
- Kalika is in the forest and is calling out Devi Maa's name in despair. Then she is at the temple and she is asking the Devi's statue why all this is happening to her and that she is a mother, she wants her baby. She is really upset and crying and then from behind the Goddess comes, but Kalika still thinks she is this girl who she befriended from earlier episodes. The Goddess tells her that those people she married into are not evil people and they are going to kill her baby and explains about their evil plans. She says that Kalika is meant to go and kill them. Kalika doesn't believe her and pleads that Raj is her husband and his family is her parivaar so she doesn't believe her. She says that they were also stanch devotees of the Devi. The Devi says that this was all their plan to use her so that the baby could be born, and that they lied to her. Kalika doesn't believe her but is shocked to hear this coming out of her mouth. In order for Kalika to believe her, the Goddess reveals herself to her by wearing the religious head gear and the 8 arms each moving. Kalika sees this and immediately bows down. The Goddess tells her that she must fulfill this task by killing the chachas and fighting them and taking out their powers. Kalika says that she can't do this and Devi says that she can, and that she will be with her every step of the way.
- Kalika goes to the caves where the chachas, Raj and the old woman are doing their rituals. The oldest chacha gets this feeling that Kalika is near and that she is not alone, and tells Raj to go and kill her since they have no need for her anymore. While everyone is doing the ritual, Raj goes and stops Kalika by faking his love for her and that he was trying to find her and the baby. Kalika doesn't believe him and he tries to tell her that his chacha's are very dangerous and that they have the baby in their cave. He tells her to go with her and grabs her arm, but she doesn't move. She lectures him that he is a father and yet, he wants to see his own child be killed and all that stuff. Finally he takes out his gun to shoot her, but she prays and the Devi gives her a sword. He tries to shoot her but the sword doesn't allow the bullets to penetrate and it protects Kalika. Raj gets scared and kneels saying that he is sorry that he did all this and that he will get their baby back, just give him a chance. She looks at him and says that people like him deserve to have their head chopped off and not live and she uses the sword to literally chop off Raj's head. The next thing we see is Raj's head rolling off of his body and this red glow coming out from his body (it doesn't look like blood, I think he had some power or something). The old woman shrieks that her Raj is dead to the chacha's because she can see that something went wrong. The oldest one says that this will not happen and that she will die so he sends out one of the chacha's to go and kill her.
- Kalika is outside of their caves still walking around trying to find her baby. Then she sees Vikram coming towards her and telling her that he was looking all over for her. At first she is about to give in and is happy to see Vikram, but then she realizes a second later that this is not him and says so. The chacha laughs as he morphs back into himself and says that she was right, this was not Vikram and he tries to use his magic against her. She stands there and prays and then she gets an object (i forgot which one it was) in her hand. The chacha is amazed at seeing this, yet he still keeps on using his magic. Kalika lets him have it, by using the materialized object and throwing it at him, thereby throwing him against a tree. He falls to the floor bleeding. Meanwhile the older chacha in the cave has a feeling that something is wrong and sends out the other chacha who says that he will kill Kalika. He comes there to where Kalika is after killing the previous chacha. Kalika sees him and this chacha uses his power against her...he uses the wind to blow here away. Meanwhile, Vikram is around the area in his car looking for Kalika and hears some commotion. He sees Kalika in trouble and comes to her. But the wind is so strong that the chacha is blowing that it blows Vikram away. However Vikram still comes back and Kalika prays and gets another object from the Devi; a stick that would be used to pierce his heart. She uses the stick to kill him and meanwhile, the oldest chacha in the cave senses that there is danger and sends out the third of the chachas. He says he will Kalika and goes out. He gets there right when his brother is killed and he tries to fight Kalika. Again Kalika gets another object from the Devi that again cuts his head from his body and he dies. The only two left are the old lady and the oldest chacha. They are sitting there completing the ritual and then they get up with such vigor and praise a statue which looked like the directors just grabbed a dried out dead pig (no offense) and used it to be a statue of one of their gods. They started saying something in happiness and Kalika comes in with what looks like a 3 pitched fork (what do you guys call it...a tritan or something I think right). They see her and the old lady gets so scared that she runs away. The oldest chacha doesnt run but fights. He runs to the baby with his sword to pierce her heart, and Kalika gets there and uses her tritan to keep the sword away. It works and then she flicks the sword away, rendering it useless. The chacha gets scared and runs away as Kalika throws her titan and hits the statue. It bursts and all the energy and power is gone. Vikram comes in too and sees this. Kalika goes to her baby and takes her in her arms and the Devi maa comes. She tells her and Vikram that they should take care of the baby together and that Vikram give his love to this baby as her father. This baby is the Devi's own image...she is the Goddess herself reborn. At this, both Vikram and Kalika look at each other happily and return home. This is the end of Devi.
Hope you guys liked my update. I was kinda fuzzy on parts. Enjoy!