Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Ambrosia

IF-Veteran Member

Ambrosia

*CID banner Contest Winner*

Posted: 27 September 2008 at 8:01am | IP Logged

They are turning the 500 page novel into a 100 page screen play, in the process some of the major details are cut off and some of the scenes are being re-written. The interviews says that a lot of changes has been made to the story but the essence remains, but now as we read the books will it not be difficult for us to appreciate the new changes.Ouch

Like for instance in the book Edward carries Bella on his back and flies in the woods but in the movie he does that when he takes Bella to his house.Confused In the meadow we see Edward wearing a sleeveless unbuttoned white shirtEmbarrassed, and Bella admiring his glorious marvel body and this is where they had their first kiss but in the movie he is fully dress wearing a white jacket instead. Bella asks about Edward's age first time in the car while in the movie she is asking him in the meadow. Some of the dialogues where Bella was supposed to be smiling or blushing instead she has a ghostly gesture on her face as if she is afraid of him. She was expressionless when Edward made her dance in his room, which was so unromantic.Disapprove

I haven't seen Kristen smiling in any of the Twilight trailers. I know it is not possible to cover all the little details but they should have kept the mushy romantic moments of EB same that includes Edward's dressing sense. His black tuxedo can't compensate for his sleeveless white shirtBroken Heart (just my thought) and i am sure there will be many more scenes which will be missing.Cry

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Movie may not be as good as book" in Twilight forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Leenasmg

IF-Sizzlerz

Leenasmg

Posted: 27 September 2008 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Oooo...i've actually been going along knowing from the beginning that the movie will not be as good as the book! I think its the case for all films that are made from books..a good example of this is the HP! The books are way better! LOL!

But it seems a shame that they are cutting some of the scenes and changing some of them as well as adding some scenes of their own! Esp the romantic scenes...i don't really want them to be changed!

But yhh..we can only exactly know and tell wot has been changed and wot has happened once we watch the film! So im going to stay positive as im still looking forward to the film! Hehe!

AbhayVakil_1992

IF-Rockerz

AbhayVakil_1992

Posted: 27 September 2008 at 9:39am | IP Logged

Most of the time the movies are not as good as the books..harry potter is one example from my opinion..but im still waiting for the movie..that is after Highschool Musical 3

ShadowKisses

IF-Dazzler

ShadowKisses

Winner of KSBKBT Debate Champtionship 2

Posted: 27 September 2008 at 11:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ananya_A

They are turning the 500 page novel into a 100 page screen play

Actually, if you cross out all the unnecessary details in Twilight i.e. Bella's rambling regarding how perfect Edward is, her consistently describing herself as stupid, accident-prone, unworthy of her beloved's affection, then the book really isn't that long. Some scenes worth showing (The motorcycle ride for Bella/Jacob in NM) were overlooked.

I don't think you can find a book-to-movie that is going to follow the book page-by-page. Take Sense & Sensibility feat. Kate Winslet and Emma Thompson for example. The movie did deviate from the book but the essence of the novel was there which made the movie actually worth watching. The movie should be good as both Kristen and Robert are decent actors. The screenwriter, Melissa Rosenberg, has several acclaims to her name - Step Up and several episodes of The O.C. So, the movie should be on a pretty good start.

As for the scene in the meadow, I've read somewhere it's one of the scenes they're renovating.

babii.girl

IF-Sizzlerz

babii.girl

Posted: 27 September 2008 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
yeeaah for sure..
esp. when Bella asks Edward how old he is.. she wasnt scared..but in the movie shes like freaking out..
omgg a 500 page book cut down to a 1 hour and a half movie.

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 27 September 2008 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AbhayVakil_1992

Most of the time the movies are not as good as the books..harry potter is one example from my opinion..but im still waiting for the movie..that is after Highschool Musical 3

i completely agree...

Absolem

Absolem

Posted: 28 September 2008 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ananya_A

They are turning the 500 page novel into a 100 page screen play, in the process some of the major details are cut off and some of the scenes are being re-written. The interviews says that a lot of changes has been made to the story but the essence remains, but now as we read the books will it not be difficult for us to appreciate the new changes.Ouch

Like for instance in the book Edward carries Bella on his back and flies in the woods but in the movie he does that when he takes Bella to his house.Confused In the meadow we see Edward wearing a sleeveless unbuttoned white shirtEmbarrassed, and Bella admiring his glorious marvel body and this is where they had their first kiss but in the movie he is fully dress wearing a white jacket instead. Bella asks about Edward's age first time in the car while in the movie she is asking him in the meadow. Some of the dialogues where Bella was supposed to be smiling or blushing instead she has a ghostly gesture on her face as if she is afraid of him. She was expressionless when Edward made her dance in his room, which was so unromantic.Disapprove

I haven't seen Kristen smiling in any of the Twilight trailers. I know it is not possible to cover all the little details but they should have kept the mushy romantic moments of EB same that includes Edward's dressing sense. His black tuxedo can't compensate for his sleeveless white shirtBroken Heart (just my thought) and i am sure there will be many more scenes which will be missing.Cry

They also have the Cullen Crest, which was not in the book. but we'll have to wait and see. of course, there hasn't been a movie that is better than the book from which it is adopted, but this is Twilight, so you never know.Smile

lilroses_89

lilroses_89

Posted: 28 September 2008 at 5:55pm | IP Logged
In my opinion, the book will always be better than the movie for a variety of reasons. However, it is a bit unrealistic to expect the movie to follow the book exactly but I also feel that Kristen Stewart as Bella seems dead scared in nearly all of the Twilight trailers, commercials and promos. There are obviously points where Bella's character is afraid but more than anything, Bella is intrigued by Edward and the Cullens and curious to know more. I have a feeling that Kristen Stewart will not portray Bella as the character was portrayed in the novel...her expressions and body language are rather dull and uninspiring. Nonetheless, I hope for the sake of the novel, that the movie is decent and obviously, none of my comments hold any real weight until I have watched the movie. =)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top