Ramayan

Ramayan Quiz (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 16

_rajnish_

IF-Dazzler

_rajnish_

Posted: 26 September 2008 at 10:31am | IP Logged
 plz answer unanswered questions and do keep posting ur answers and questions as well so that we can learn more and more Tongue

Edited by rajnish_here - 26 September 2008 at 11:10am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ramayan Quiz (Page 4)" in Ramayan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 September 2008 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Here are the Answers!

1. Who was the person who drove Ram's chariot to
the edge of the forest from Ayodhya when his Vanavasa
began? Minister Sumanth

2. What is the name of Jatayu's brother? Sampathi
3. What is the name of Devi Ahalya and Sage Gautama's son? Sage Satananda (He was also King Janak's chief priest)
4.  Who was the divine father of Vali and Sugreeva? Lord Indra (somwhere else, it mentions that Sugreev's father is Lord surya, but then how would Vali and Sugreeva be brothers unless they had the same mother?)
5. Who were the sons of Ram? Bharat? Lakshman? Shatrughan? Ram's sons were twins Kush and Luv, Bharat's sons were Taksha and Pulkal, Lakshman's sons were Angad and Chitraketu, and Shatrughan's sons were Bhupaketu and Subahu. 
6. Who is Hanuman's brother who is also one of the main characters in the Mahabharat? Bheema
7. Who are the father and mother of Sage Parashuram? Sage Jamadagni and Renuka Devi
8. Who is the father of King Janak? King Hrisvaroma
9. What is the name of the place in which Ram, Sita, and Lakshman build an ashram and stay in? It is also the place where Shurpanaka sees Ram for the first time. Panchavati 
10. In which garden does Ravan keep Sitaji? Under what kind of tree does Sitaji sit in that garden? Ashok Vatika, under the Simpshupa Tree
11. What is the name of the flying chariot that Ram, Sita, and Lakshman use to go back to Ayodhya after the vanvaas is over? Pushpak Viman, which originally belonged to Lord Kuber, but which Ravan stole.  

I will post more questions later!

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 27 September 2008 at 12:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by godisone

4.  Who was the divine father of Vali and Sugreeva? Lord Indra (somwhere else, it mentions that Sugreev's father is Lord surya, but then how would Vali and Sugreeva be brothers unless they had the same mother?)

Sugreev was Surya's son and Vali was Indra's son. They had different divine fathers but they had the same mother on Earth. It is like Bhim and Arjun, who had different divine fathers Vayu and Indra but same mother on Earth, named Kunti.

rupalip

IF-Dazzler

rupalip

Posted: 27 September 2008 at 2:59am | IP Logged
oh lalitha I got late in checking ur ques but u answered ....
plz give us some time ....
I dont access forum on sundays ...  atleast  give us 2 days of time for every set....  Rajnish plz u dont answer now ....

Huduga

Huduga

Posted: 27 September 2008 at 3:44am | IP Logged
OK few questions. (but i don't know answers too )

1. At which Age Ram and Sita got married ?
2. What were the age differences betn Ram, Laxman, bharat, shatrughan.
3. Name of their wives. Does anyone of them had more than one wife ?

4 (optional) please correct the grammar above.

sam1903

IF-Dazzler

sam1903

Posted: 27 September 2008 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Huduga

1. At which Age Ram and Sita got married ?its 6-sitaji and 13-Ramji acc. to Valmiki Ramayan as i read on the net
2. What were the age differences betn Ram, Laxman, bharat, shatrughan.--no idea....
3. Name of their wives. Does anyone of them had more than one wife ?... ram - Sita, Bharat- Mandavi, Lakshman-Urmila, and Shatrughan-Shrutkirti
and no one has more than one wife......
4 (optional) please correct the grammar above.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 September 2008 at 6:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Huduga

1. At which Age Ram and Sita got married ? It said in the Valmiki Ramayan that Ram was almost 16 when he went with Vishvamithra to kill Mareech and Subahu, so he was probably 16 when he got married, and Sitaji was found from the Earth only a few months after Shri Ram was born, so she too was 16, and if not 16, then 15.
2. What were the age differences betn Ram, Laxman, bharat, shatrughan. I don't know precisely, but Ram was born in the Punarvasu Nakshatra, Bharat in the Pushyami nakshathra, and Lakshman and Shatrughan in the Aslesha. So I guess if you know Astrology well, you can make out the exact days.
3. Name of their wives. Does anyone of them had more than one wife ? All of them had only one wife as far as I know, and I know for sure that Shri Ram had only one: Sitaji. Bharat's wife was Mandavi, the eldest daughter of King Kushadvaja, Lakshman's wife was Urmila, the youngest daughter of King Janak, and Shatrughan's wife was Srutakirti, the youngest daughter of King Kushadvaja.  

4 (optional) please correct the grammar above. Hey, grammar doesn't matter so much as long as we can read your sentences, so it's okay!!!Smile And good questions! 

Edited by godisone - 27 September 2008 at 6:12am

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 September 2008 at 6:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rupalip

oh lalitha I got late in checking ur ques but u answered ....
plz give us some time ....
I dont access forum on sundays ...  atleast  give us 2 days of time for every set....  Rajnish plz u dont answer now ....

Oh, I'm so sorry! People were telling me to post the answers quickly, so I did, but from now on I'll take two days, okay?Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top