Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: Huduga

OK few questions. (but i don't know answers too )

1. At which Age Ram and Sita got married ? It said in the Valmiki Ramayan that Ram was almost 16 when he went with Vishvamithra to kill Mareech and Subahu, so he was probably 16 when he got married, and Sitaji was found from the Earth only a few months after Shri Ram was born, so she too was 16, and if not 16, then 15.
2. What were the age differences betn Ram, Laxman, bharat, shatrughan. I don't know precisely, but Ram was born in the Punarvasu Nakshatra, Bharat in the Pushyami nakshathra, and Lakshman and Shatrughan in the Aslesha. So I guess if you know Astrology well, you can make out the exact days.
3. Name of their wives. Does anyone of them had more than one wife ? All of them had only one wife as far as I know, and I know for sure that Shri Ram had only one: Sitaji. Bharat's wife was Mandavi, the eldest daughter of King Kushadvaja, Lakshman's wife was Urmila, the youngest daughter of King Janak, and Shatrughan's wife was Srutakirti, the youngest daughter of King Kushadvaja.  

4 (optional) please correct the grammar above. Hey, grammar doesn't matter so much as long as we can read your sentences, so it's okay!!!😊 And good questions! 

Edited by godisone - 15 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: rupalip

oh lalitha I got late in checking ur ques but u answered ....

plz give us some time ....
I dont access forum on sundays ...  atleast  give us 2 days of time for every set....  Rajnish plz u dont answer now ....

Oh, I'm so sorry! People were telling me to post the answers quickly, so I did, but from now on I'll take two days, okay?😊
Siyaram bhakt thumbnail
ya,godisone u should give us 2 days time.i also knew some oof the answers
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Here are more questions, and I will answer these in two days, alright?😊

1. What is the name of the Shiv-Danush which Shri Ram broke?
2. What is Maharishi Vishvamithra's name when he was a king? What is his sister's name?
3. Which of the Kings in the Raghu-vansh brought down Ganga from heaven?
4. What are the names of King Sagara's two wives? And how many sons did each wife bear?
5. Who is Mareech's brother?
6. Who is Vedavati's father?
7. What is the name of the apsara Ravan rapes? And whose wife is she?
8. What is the name of Lord Indra's mother?
9. Who was the sage that Shabari served with devotion before he ascended heaven?
10. On which mountain did Sugriva and his ministers reside before Shri Ram made him king?
11. What is the name of Sugriva's wife?
12. After which Rakshasa did Valli go after into the cave, telling Sugriva to stand guard outside?

Huduga thumbnail
Thanks sam and godisone.

now few questions from this series.

1. In forest, one sage-woman gifted Sitaji, something, what was that ?
and what was special abt that.

2. Soorpnakha;s son, who was praying. what was his name ?

3. Name of Shri Ram's bow ?

4. Is there any relationship between Tadka and Ravan ?

Huduga thumbnail
Godisone,
very super questions..

i think i know only number 3 now.

for some of the questions, i felt , oh i know, it is on tip of the tongue,
but when tried to remember, i found, i forgot. :-(

If i wud have joined this section earlier, i am sure, i wud have watched this series more carefully.  Now I will :-)
Edited by Huduga - 15 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Thanks sam and godisone.

now few questions from this series.

1. In forest, one sage-woman gifted Sitaji, something, what was that ?
and what was special abt that.

2. Soorpnakha;s son, who was praying. what was his name ?

3. Name of Shri Ram's bow ?

4. Is there any relationship between Tadka and Ravan ?

1. Mata Anasuya, Sage Atri's wife, gifted Sitaji with divine clothes, which never spoil, and divine jewellry, which always shines bright and never rusts. These gifts, especially the clothes, are special, because when Sitaji is kidnapped by Ravan, she doesn't have to worry about her clothes spoiling and she doesn't have to accept any new clothes from him.
2. I have no clue!
3. Shri Ram's bow is called Kodanda
4. If Mareech is Ravan's uncle, and Tataka is Mareech's mother, that would make her Ravan's grandmother?

Good questions! Hope you'll post the answers soon!😛
Huduga thumbnail
Godisone, thanks for the answers..

yeah, when i read here that Tadka is Mareech's mother, i was thinking abt it. bcoz Mareech is Ravana's maternal uncle.
----
Ok more questions :-)

1. is it true, that Shri Ram ruled for another 11 thousand years after coming from fight.
2. There might be reason for it,  but why Shri Parashu ram didn't fight against Ravana.
3. Is it true, that same shri Parashu Ram taught, drona, karna too. it means there was a lot of time betn these two. Somewhere i read Shri Parashu Ram is still alive ?
4. what is the time difference, nearly bet Shri Ram's birth and Shri Krishna's birth ?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Godisone, thanks for the answers..

yeah, when i read here that Tadka is Mareech's mother, i was thinking abt it. bcoz Mareech is Ravana's maternal uncle.
----
Ok more questions :-)

1. is it true, that Shri Ram ruled for another 11 thousand years after coming from fight.
2. There might be reason for it,  but why Shri Parashu ram didn't fight against Ravana.
3. Is it true, that same shri Parashu Ram taught, drona, karna too. it means there was a lot of time betn these two. Somewhere i read Shri Parashu Ram is still alive ?
4. what is the time difference, nearly bet Shri Ram's birth and Shri Krishna's birth ?

1. Yes, it's true, because in the Treta-Yug, life span was veeeeeerrryyy long, and in the beginning of Ramayan, it says that Dasharath was hundreds of years old.
2. Well, I think that's because although Shri Parashuram had the power to kill Ravan, due to Ravan's curses, he wasn't meant to, although both he and Shri Ram are avatars of Vishnu. One of Ravan's curses is Vedvati's curse, when he touched her and she cursed him that due to a woman, he and his whole dynasty would be ruined. She herseld would be born as that woman. Another curse came after Ravan had obtained all his power. Feeling that he was the most powerful of all beings on Earth, Ravan went to Ayodhya, the kingdom of the "humans" as he dubbed it, and challenged the ruler, King Anawrata. A major battle happened between Ayodhya's army and the rakshasas, and Ravan even called King Anawrata a worthy opponent. However, as the evening came, the rakshasas power grew and so did their thirst for sorcery. The Ayodhya army was quickly rooted and soon, it was only King Anawrata against Ravana along with a few rakshasas. Eager to end the battle, Ravana used unfair means which were against War Dharma and killed King Anawrata. In his last breaths, raged that Ravana had won by unfair means, King Anawrata had cursed him that one who was born in his family would be his (Ravan's) killer. Ravana didn't heed his curse, because he thought "puny humans'" curses would not count. Another curse against Ravana was when he had held Mount Kailas with his 10 heads. When he had done that, Devi Parvathi had slipped and angry that Ravan had frightened a woman, she cursed him that a woman would be his downfall. So I think all these curses (there were more) were the reason Shri Ram killed Ravan instead of Shri Parashuram.
3. Yes, that's true. And it is also true that Shri Parashuram is still alive, because he is one of the five Chiranjeevas who will be here until pralaya (end of the world). (And Parashuram also taught Bheeshma.)
4. Shri Ram was born in the Treta Yug and Shri Krishna was born in the Dwapara Yug, so there was a lot of time difference, but I don't know the exact number of years. You could find that out by reading Bhagavata Purana or Devi Bhagavatha.   
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Here are the answers to my questions!!!😊

1. What is the name of the Shiv-Danush which Shri Ram broke? PINAKA
2. What is Maharishi Vishvamithra's name when he was a king? What is his sister's name? King Kaushika, and his sister was Kaushiki
3. Which of the Kings in the Raghu-vansh brought down Ganga from heaven? KING BHAGIRATHA
4. What are the names of King Sagara's two wives? And how many sons did each wife bear? KESINI (ONE SON) AND SUMATI (60,000 SONS)
5. Who is Mareech's brother? SUBAHU
6. Who is Vedavati's father? SAGE KUSHADVAJA
7. What is the name of the apsara Ravan rapes? And whose wife is she? RAMBA, WIFE OF NALAKUVERA
8. What is the name of Lord Indra's mother? ADITI DEVI
9. Who was the sage that Shabari served with devotion before he ascended heaven? MAHARISHI MATANGA
10. On which mountain did Sugriva and his ministers reside before Shri Ram made him king? RISHYAMOOKA
11. What is the name of Sugriva's wife? RUMA
12. After which Rakshasa did Valli go after into the cave, telling Sugriva to stand guard outside? MAYAVI

I would really appreciate it if someone else can post some questions too!😊😛😉
Edited by godisone - 15 years ago