Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yummymummy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago
in punjab we used to celebrate it by keeping fasts and eating chapati made out of special aatta and aaloo for first seven days. on eight day we used to worship Maa by feeding young girls with puree halwa and all. next day is ram navami and then dussera. we avoid nonveg during this period.
Diva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Happy Navratri Everyone! This is a very special festival that brings alot of color and masti in everyone's lives. Dance and fast away!
Tansha thumbnail
Happy Navrati to everyone here...
sweetgirlnilam thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1 n only-rajeev

happy navratri 2 all......i kno its late bt still

sorry for late wishes but ...๐Ÿ˜ญ

i know i am late to say happy navtatri to u all

but still: it's better later ๐Ÿ˜ƒthen never

so once ๐Ÿ‘again happy natratri

mumtaz thumbnail
Yes...i am the worst of the lot!!I am so very late on this!! So sorry!!!

But nevertheless,a very Happy Navrathri to all of you out there!!!
funky friends thumbnail
enjoy naravatre and dushera
NKSUDHIR thumbnail
Happy Navratri to Everyone!!!

I am Punjabi Hindu. We start the Navratri with doing a Jyot and Prayer in front of Maa Durga picture or statue in our home Temple. We fast for seven days and pray every morning and evening. India we used to go to temple everyday, but in Canada we go on Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. On eight day, we make BHOG ( Pershad: in punjabi, its called Hatwa, Channa and Puri). We give pershad to little gilrls called kanjaka. After doing pooja with Kanjaka, we eat pershad. Some punjabi complete fast on Ashtami and others complete on Ram Navami according to their family tradition. Tenth day, we take our kids to the temple to celebrate Dushehara or sometimes we celebrate on the weekend. Statue of Ravanna is burned with fire crackers etc.
I think every one celebrated little different but the meaning behind is same to Worship the Goddesses in various forms and celebrated the victory of good over evil.

May Lord Rama and Maa Durga bless everyone with happiness, health, wealth and prosperity.

Enjoy the Navratri Everyone!!!
Neelam
-Zeustina- thumbnail
happy navratri to all ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
have fun ๐Ÿ˜ƒ