Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

Reading Your Friendís Dairy - Right Or Wrong?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

RAJAYE_HIND

Goldie

RAJAYE_HIND

Posted: 24 September 2008 at 1:33am | IP Logged

As a general rule, it is normally considered unacceptable to peek into the diaries of friends, even those you hold close to your heart. The first point to make for anyone who suspects that they may figure in the narrative is that there is only the dimmest chance of reading anything complimentary about yourself.

Private diaries are for candour in more instances than otherwise, which is one good reason they are looked upon as sacrosanct territory. Another reason against is that experience shows that diary entries are not always the most accurate sources of information about the writer's life story. Many a diarist escapes from dull reality into the realm of fancy and wishful thinking, as many Love Stories readers would be able to attest to.

Notwithstanding the likelihood that the entries may be factually misleading, I suggest there are exceptional cases in which breaching the unwritten rule of confidentiality can be justified. Others may disagree with this twist of ethics. But my feeling is that when someone in your care or to whom you owe support is distressed and you are in the dark as to the cause of their pain, you may be forgiven for seeking any help you might find in the pages of Dear Diary.

Mostly though, illicit diary peekers have no such moral imperatives and are simply itching with curiosity about another's private thoughts. Few are totally immune to the impulse, if the truth were told. Which brings me to the question of an excuse, should someone be caught in the act. My counsel is to apologise immediately and to dissemble, if only to support your blushes: you had no idea it was private and were just flicking through to check a date.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Reading Your Friendís Dairy - Right Or Wrong?" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 24 September 2008 at 7:44am | IP Logged
I think it's wrong to read a friend's diary unless they show it to you and want you to read it.  That may be allowed and then you can read his/her diary but not otherwise.  A lot of people like me keep diaries because we can't or don't want to say those things to other people so that means that we won't like others reading it without our permission.

Don't read someone's diary unless you have the permission to.  It's not fair to them.

-Mahi

Barbie_

IF-Dazzler

Barbie_

Posted: 24 September 2008 at 8:37am | IP Logged
i have never triede to read someone's diary. i feel it's wrong cause a diary is a private thing.
so pls never read someone diary without permissionSmile

shizajaved

IF-Veteran Member

shizajaved

Posted: 24 September 2008 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

I think it's wrong to read a friend's diary unless they show it to you and want you to read it.  That may be allowed and then you can read his/her diary but not otherwise.  A lot of people like me keep diaries because we can't or don't want to say those things to other people so that means that we won't like others reading it without our permission.

Don't read someone's diary unless you have the permission to.  It's not fair to them.

-Mahi

I completely agree!!!

fammma

Goldie

fammma

Posted: 25 September 2008 at 5:11am | IP Logged
Totally agree with you Mahi

You shouldnt read it at all unless you have been given expressed permission to do so..

Khaya

IF-Stunnerz

Khaya

Posted: 26 September 2008 at 1:33am | IP Logged
I think it is wrong to read anyone's diary however close they are to you without their permission... a diary is a private thing to the person... it usually discloses things that he/she can't share with any other person and therefore they express their feeling secretly in writing... there are people who will give someone the permission to have a read of their diary but if you haven't been permitted to do so then you shouldn't...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top