Madurai discussion thread- serial ended - Page 5

Posted: 15 years ago
I think C Jerrold is working on a film, entitled "Ini Malai Varum", by himself and Leena Manimekalai ( popular name).  Music by Vidyasagar.  Paavam Madurai suffering, I don't blame the associates.  It's just that the original feel of the characters and technical excellence is missing. 

I sure hope he comes back and Madurai ends in style, as it started. Barring the episodes with Sreeja and Senthil's excellent acting, like episodes directly leading to engagement and leading to Meenatchi's hospital sojourn, the others have really  not been done as expected.  But I can understand, career and money wise, the big screen is a big investment. 

As far as Madurai is concerned, it is still in flashback.  I have not watched flashback episodes except for the first, since I want to watch them all together. 

Thanx janak for dat piece of info.
Hey guys! I just wanted to apologize because I haven't been able to keep up with the serial yet. I am having midterm exams and I am in the midst of a tough semester at school so there's barely any time for me to watch serials. I will give you guys an update as soon as I get the time to catch up.

take ur own time fuzz, studies first

thanks janak for the info

flash back is boring guys

1 new character tamil selvi a singer is introduced

they show a cute pappa as meenu

still flashback - no improvement in the story
Guys,Any updates in Madurai? Edited by annoo - 15 years ago
sorry anu flashback is going on & it is not interesting at all i guess.so nobody is willing 2 do it & me stopped watching it.
Hello,

Flashback ended today.  Final episode has Kamatchi fighting for inheritance after father's death, and being denied. 

Saravan ends saying Duraipandi's grief at that time itself showed he had changed his from his bad motives.  Final words were, at least, from now on, let only good things happen.

Digression:  Looks like C Jerrold is busy working behind the screens on prestigious big screen projects.  Will have to see if he can make time for small screen as well.  I want him to get back on direction, with the whole regular cast.  Fingers crossed.
Hi all!! Hope u r all doing well.

Here is the update of what happened in Madurai during the flashback:
+all siblings have gathered at their parents' house for thiruvizha. They r all one big happy family.
+A singer comes to village to sing during the thiruvizha. She tries to suicide and is saved by Kamatchi's dad. Kamatchi's dad considers her as another daughter and promises to take care of her until the baby is born. Kamatchi's dad tells Veerapandi to provide nellu to the singer.
+Kamatchi's mom finds out that nellu is missing and then learns that it's going to the Singer's house. They all (except Veerapandi & Murugesan) assume that the singer is the dad's illegal wife. They fight with him and yell at the singer.
+Duraipandi & Co kills her by setting the house on fire. The singer's baby is saved (Jothi character who came to Kamatchi's is prob the baby)
+Police comes to arrest them all but Murugesan surrenders telling the others to take him out and to look after his family.
+Kamatchi's dad comes back home but is terribly upset. He dies (not too sure about this) Veerapandi yells at the others for doubting their dad and sends them out .
+They r all at temple but fight occurs between them for the property. They all go their own ways (with Velmurugan going with the grandma).

Back to present.

I haven't watched Madurai in awhile but this is what my mom told me.
Edited by Lilymay - 15 years ago
oh thanx lily & janak for the updates.so ivlo dhaan flashback'a...........so problem started by paati.........haiyyo haiyyo.......i lost interest yaar.

welcome back lily.