Kollywood Masala

Tamil Movie Reviews & Discussions (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 13

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 30 December 2008 at 4:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Caryn

MAGHESH, SARANYA, MATTAM PALAR (i hope I got it right)

Everytime, in movie reviews, it is always commented, "this is a romance movie with a difference/twist".  But 99% of the time this is not true. Dead But if the same was quoted for this movie, then I will agree about this movie.

I watched this movie with reluctance, esp when knowing it was Sakthi Vasu was the hero of the movie.  But my brother persuaded me to see it, coz this is different he said and I had to agree with him.

Thanks for the dvd caryn ... which only had 1 cd and the other was missing AngryAngryAngry

Movie as said by caryn is good. But i still feel this Sakthi is bad in acting. Especially at the sad parts, or when he said he cannot marry to his dad. Very very bad expression. And sandya ShockedShockedShocked my god .. she was trying to be like genelia i think .. to be bubbly .. but it really did not suit her Confused i somehow felt if she was just like sandhya in Disyum, it would have been better.

But story was good. I really enjoyed it. The romance between them was good too. Chemistry .. ummm 50-50 taan. But movie is worth watching.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Tamil Movie Reviews & Discussions (Page 7)" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jagdu

IF-Dazzler

jagdu

Posted: 30 December 2008 at 9:11am | IP Logged
Have put a write up on A.R. Rahman in the other topics section, look at "the indian economy." His remarks on mumbai left me a tad emotional.

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 10 January 2009 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Has anyone watch silambattam??? Confused Dun ask me why i end up watching this movie .. was tired after studying and did not feel like sleeping around 3 mrg .. end up watching this movie ...grrrrrrrr AngryAngryAngry

Story is about Vischu (simbu) priest in a temple, living with his grandfather. Aiyoo sariyana kodumai to see him acting innocent and gooddy gooddy AngryAngry ... and the attakasam in this  movie. One scene that really annoyed me is, his suppose to do panjamaratham .. all girls were around him to help him and he starts directing them on what to put in and all starts mixing it together .. such annoying scene Angry ad the worse was suddenly electric goes off and simbu screaming mama pls help me nu. His uncle and Shantanam his fren will rush there and lights back, all panjamatham on simbu body. Looks like one of the gal has nicely rub him (which is the heroine Shaan khaan). And to find out who rub on him, stupid uncle makes all girls to start rubbing him one by one .. all this in temple Angry

Heroine  Janu, i think this must be her first movie .. romba over acting paa .. thangamudiyalai. Shanthanam has done a great job making us laugh often LOLLOL. Vischu actually has a back flashback which his grandfather had been hiding from him. Vichu will only know the truth when Prabu comes out from jail and sees Vichu, who looks just a like his brother Muthuvel (another simbu) He gets married to sneha and their baby boy is Vichu. Sneha dies during labour and muthuvel is kiilled by some baddies where Vichu will take revenge on them.

Another annoying thing in this serial is .. too many bad words being used and many indirect dirty sentences were told AngryAngryAngry 

songs were okay only but one 80's song i think, Unnai yennai vaichikellam nenji kullai ... done in remix. Dat was nice .. and the dance for that song was good.

Overall this movie Thumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs Down

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 10 January 2009 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
thanks for the review nezu akka........apppa you've saved me from wasting three hours LOL

smlaksh

IF-Veteran Member

smlaksh

Posted: 10 January 2009 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
As Bharathiraja is one of my fav directors , i made sure to watch his latest movie  BOMMALATTAM .. There was a talk in kollywood that BR is fit to direct only village stories .. He proved them wrong by giving a mega hit thriller " Sigappu Rojakkal " .. Once again he has proved himself ..

I suggest to watch this movie ( even without reading the review i have written LOL ) .. I didn't read any reviews & directly watched it online .. I just knew it is a thriller/suspense movie .. I liked it & hope u all too will like ..

BOMMALATTAM

The story goes like this .. Rana (Nana Patekar) is a well known director & a perfectionist and he is doubted for murdering his movie's heroine , Rukmini.. Rana is quite caring & affectionate towards his heroine .. Already Two murders has taken place in his shooting spot .. One victim is the village leader (Manivannan) and the other one is the guy who played as hero in the movie he directs .. Hero guy is murdered in malaysia .. Arjun , a CBI officer investigates the three murders and blames Rana to be the murderer .. Kajal agarwal is arjun's sweet heart .. She is also a Poet & admirer of Rana .. She fights with her lover supporting Rana .. The story ends with the murderer revealed to us .. I don't want to add more and kill the suspense .. One or two drawbacks are there .. BR doesn't wish to leave his white angels in the village i guess LOL LOL .. Angels in white dress & Bharathiraja are inseperable LOL .. Apart from that this movie is worth watching ..

Review ended ..

Hats off to Rukmini for her courage .. she is very bold to play such an character in her very first movie .. No one else could have done justice to this role ..

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this movie to all ..

Edited by smlaksh - 10 January 2009 at 4:05pm

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 10 January 2009 at 7:07pm | IP Logged
Thanx laksh 4 the reviews,oh i was quite doubtful abt his new movie daa due 2 dat sodhappal Tajmahal movie of him.now i think i shud watch it since it is a thriller & 4 ur gud review abt this movie.

Edited by kadhambari - 10 January 2009 at 7:07pm

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 5:42am | IP Logged
Wink got the dvd but have not got the time to watch it yet maha .. will do it tomolo and leave my comments here then ...

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 2:48pm | IP Logged

Thanks for the reviews Nezu sis and Maha....I havent seen silambattam...but liked the songs choreography.

I did watch Bommalattam....one of the best thrillers in 2008Thumbs Up Until the end...we couldnt have guessed the suspense so hats of to BR for that.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top