Kollywood Masala
Kollywood Masala

India-Forums

Tamil Movie Reviews & Discussions (Page 6)

netra_rama IF-Rockerz
netra_rama
netra_rama

Posted: 16 December 2008 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Caryn

A film to watch:  DHAANAM

Heroine orientated movie. (Thanks Netra for the VCD).  Sangeetha is the main. Very good potrayal as a prostitute.  I don't care if there is a review about this, but I need to tell this is worthwhile watching. 

Very good story line, acting and music (Illayaraja). Basically it is a story of people and their backward beliefs and how they allow this belief to control their lives and in that process how other people's life are affected.  Revenge, compassion, friendship, love, death are part and parcel of this movie.  Focus was on the story line, and very little on comedy, none on fights.  A well done movie.

Star

Ur welcome .. glad u enjoyed it .. dats why i pass to u naa Embarrassed 
Caryn IF-Rockerz
Caryn
Caryn

Posted: 16 December 2008 at 4:12pm | IP Logged

I think I can equate the performance of Dhaanam movie with Anjathe.

Both were watchable in different angle.

Caryn IF-Rockerz
Caryn
Caryn

Posted: 20 December 2008 at 1:37am | IP Logged
MAGHESH, SARANYA, MATTAM PALAR (i hope I got it right)

Everytime, in movie reviews, it is always commented, "this is a romance movie with a difference/twist".  But 99% of the time this is not true. Dead But if the same was quoted for this movie, then I will agree about this movie.

I watched this movie with reluctance, esp when knowing it was Sakthi Vasu was the hero of the movie.  But my brother persuaded me to see it, coz this is different he said and I had to agree with him.

This movie is about a young man(Maghesh), who spends 6 months in Chennai, doing his exams.  Upon his return home for his sister's wedding, he starts informing his family about his experience in Chennai and how he fell in love with the gal Sandhaya in bits and pieces to his family. Everyone in his family, wants to know the details, from grandpa right to nephews/nieces.  In between the sister's wedding was called off twice, once because she met an accident and two, the groom's grandma was sick.  Groom's grandma wanted both her grandson and granddaugther's wedding to take place the same day.  So arrangement was made, and the wedding was about to take place, when the grand-daugther's (Anjali) groom, did not turn up for the wedding.  To save face, Anjali parents asked Mahgesh parents if Maghesh can marry Anjali.  While the whole family are for it, only Mahgesh is not agreeable to it.  The whole wedding is then called off.

Everyone is angry with Maghesh. Finally, Maghesh decides to reveal the reason for saying "no" to Anjali's parents.

Now here is the twist.  That is for you to watch this movie and find out.  Big smile

Acting by Sakthi Vasu, Sandhaya and Santhanu.  Although I do not know rest of actors/actress. Director is RAvi and music is by Vidyasagar.

Now, what I liked about this movie, good direction, story line and good music.

What I did not like about this movie, again, Sakthi could not emote his feelings. Although his lipsync has improved.  Wink  I wish someone else was acting in his shoes.  All other actors/actresses did well with their role.  Second, thing which I did not like was "everything was too perfect", perfect family, perfect inlaws, perfect friends and you are expecting a tragedy to lurk behind.  You know something 'bad' is going to happen.

Overall I would give this movie. Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up  A watchable movie.

Edited by Caryn - 20 December 2008 at 2:11am
MP_Radha IF-Veteran Member
MP_Radha
MP_Radha

Posted: 20 December 2008 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Thanks for da review of MAGHESH, SARANYA, MATTAM PALAR ... Caryn Tongue seems like a watchable movie na....the promos too looks pretty good...
netra_rama IF-Rockerz
netra_rama
netra_rama

Posted: 21 December 2008 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
Caryn .. sat indha movie CD bring along .. dun forget naa
kadhambari IF-Rockerz
kadhambari
kadhambari

Posted: 22 December 2008 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Thanx caryn for the review.........i was wondering whether 2 watch it or not,may be will try 2 watch now.
netra_rama IF-Rockerz
netra_rama
netra_rama

Posted: 22 December 2008 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kadhambari

Thanx caryn for the review.........i was wondering whether 2 watch it or not,may be will try 2 watch now.

adhu sari .. chellam nee yennomo Poo padham pattei polereke ... adhuku review yenngai kannu?? Wink
Karthikka IF-Dazzler
Karthikka
Karthikka

Posted: 22 December 2008 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
Caryn has said what I wanted to say - although I will come back with my views later on - I read the reviews on reliable websites and then they showed the movie on Top 10, which convinced my brother and sister-in-law that it was a good film to watch.

C, thank all the Gods and Goddesses that there were no duets etc. OMG.

I wanted to see Varnam Aayiram. Disapprove

Go to top