Kollywood Masala

Tamil Movie Reviews & Discussions (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 13

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 24 November 2008 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
wwoooohhhhhhhhooooooooo Ambi........ I hope you did not get your hubby jealous.Tongue  hehehehe............LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Tamil Movie Reviews & Discussions (Page 5)" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 25 November 2008 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Caryn

wwoooohhhhhhhhooooooooo Ambi........ I hope you did not get your hubby jealous.Tongue  Exactly the same daa carynEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedhehehehe............LOL

sankadevi30

IF-Rockerz

sankadevi30

Posted: 02 December 2008 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Poo
Movie
Poo
Director
Sasi
Producer
Moserbaer
Music
SS Kumaran
Cast
Parvathy, Srikanth

By Moviebuzz

What strikes you most after watching Poo is the simplicity of the story with characters and their motivations intricately etched out by the director. It is a portrait of life in a small village and an honest exploration of human emotions. With Poo, director Sasi proves that a simple plot with interesting characters is all it takes to engage an audience. It is a placid film which is not plot-driven but centred on the emotional journey of its characters.

The film belongs to debutant Parvathy, she holds the film together and is mesmeric. Sasi's script is an adaptation of writer Tamil Chelvan's short story Veyilodu Poy. He succeeds largely because he has been more or less faithful to the original, other than using cinematic liberties like songs.

The story is set in a village somewhere between Rajapalayam and Sivakasi in south Tamilnadu. It is all about the selfless deep love and admiration that Mari (Parvathy) develops for her cousin Thankaras (Srikanth) from childhood. Mari is a bold village girl whose world revolves around her beloved Thankaras .While at school, she does not hesitate to tell her teacher who questions all kids on what their ambition in life is, and that for her, it is to "be the wife of Thankaras"!

Her best friend and conscience keeper is Cheeni (Inbanila), a practical girl who works with her at the fireworks factory. She urges Mari to express her love for Thankaras who is now an Engineer, thanks to the hard work of his father Penakaran (Ramu) a bullock cart driver. The trouble with Mari and her dilemma is that she is obsessed by her cousin and goes great lengths to get across to him but is unable to express her deep love for him. Her inability to open her heart out at the same time hopelessly in love with him leads inevitably to an emotional turbulence.

The humour in the film is not slapstick nor a separate comedy track, but part of the narration. The best examples are the scenes showing why Srikanth's father decides to buy him a cell phone, the tea-shop owner who is fed up of people in the village who wants to drink tea on credit and the foreman at the cracker factory.

The high point of the film is its characterizations and performances. Much of Sasi's creativity lies in his casting, which is perfect. Parvathy has lived in the role of Mari and takes your breath away as she effortlessly delivers such a difficult role so convincingly on her debut in Tamil. She is consistently credible and lifelike and absolutely riveting.

Srikanth does not have a lengthy role but as Thankaras, silent and dependable he is first class. All the supporting cast are extraordinary like Inbanila who plays Mari's best friend, she invests such sincerity into her role that makes the character a real flesh and blood person by underplaying and subtlety. Ramu the guy who plays Srikanth's father in the film is credible and looks real. The entire supporting cast (all are first-timers) is top class.

Technically, the film is a treat with breathtaking cinematography and correct use of colours (without any DI) by P.G Muthiah in some fresh village locations. S.S Kumaran's music has a refreshing tinge to it, his background score is terrific. On the downside the film could have easily done with fewer songs, which at times is distracting.

But on the whole the movie is a beautiful, complete, moving experience with a nice message. It is a simple love story, a bittersweet tale of human frailties, a small film with a very big heart. Well acted and directed, the film is watchable as gems like these are hard to find these days.

. Verdict: Very Good

Courtesy-sify.com

sankadevi30

IF-Rockerz

sankadevi30

Posted: 02 December 2008 at 1:05am | IP Logged
sasi is known for making meaningful subtle films

i think POO will be one among them

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 03 December 2008 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Thanks Nallu.

Okay, this is one movie to watch out for.

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 08 December 2008 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
YELLAM AVAN SEYAL

Whatever you do DO NOT watch this movie!  Urghhhhhhhhhhhh........
 Dead

Like Karthi said, 3 hours of her life is wasted watching this movie.  (Netra you watched this movie online and did not bother to tell me? AngryAngry)

It was bank holiday here, and siblings and I decided to watch movie and we had to choose YAS.  What a torture.

The only good thing about the movie is the story line.  It was good, but the way it was brought forward in this movie was really crapAngry

We believe that this is Raghuvaran's last movie coz he comes in abruptly and leaves abruptly.  Second, his lipsyncing is very bad and the voice is not truly Raghuvaran.  Anyway, there was an obiturary in the beginning of the movie.

Why does all the producers/directors do think they can make a better actor?  SJ Surya could not do it, C. Sundar surviving (I think, although Karthi says he is picking up).  Actors like Mamoothy, Jayaram, although they on weighty side, they have the looks and the charisma.  This guy who is the producer of the movie - doesn't have it at all and yet he thinks he is Vijay, Ajith, Rajni, Jacky Chan and Kamal all packed in one!  He is called RK. OMG OMG!!  Dead The fighting scenes were incredible.  Seriously.  I mean look with guy's figure, I cannot believe, he can  lift his leg higher than a certain degree, but this guy can actually bounce on the trees and flying kicks and wearing lawyer's garb!  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Everyone's role here were wasted - Seriously.  Roja, Sukanya, Visu, Manivannan and others. Vadivelu jokes........... issshhhhhhh.   Basically RK is a defence lawyer who brings out his criminal clients on tactical grounds and then sets out to punish them by killing/torture them.    Cheh....... why am I telling the rest of the what is the crap story?  I am getting more angry now.  I would like to give a good damage to the reporter who gave good review in internet.  (Karthi read the review which said it is good).  

They were doing a good job of damaging NRI. LOL  There were in some areas the story was "hanging".  The best part is Karthi who usually gets angry when potrarying court case, was laughing her heart away on this movie.  One of my brother went shouting "shaddup lah  you"LOLLOLLOL

Anyone who wants to watch this movie, watch it at your own risk........... Nuke (I think this is only emoticon I can think of! coz it can cause brain damage mind you)

My rating........... Dead

Edited by Caryn - 08 December 2008 at 5:30pm

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 15 December 2008 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
A film to watch:  DHAANAM

Heroine orientated movie. (Thanks Netra for the VCD).  Sangeetha is the main. Very good potrayal as a prostitute.  I don't care if there is a review about this, but I need to tell this is worthwhile watching. 

Very good story line, acting and music (Illayaraja). Basically it is a story of people and their backward beliefs and how they allow this belief to control their lives and in that process how other people's life are affected.  Revenge, compassion, friendship, love, death are part and parcel of this movie.  Focus was on the story line, and very little on comedy, none on fights.  A well done movie.

Star

Edited by Caryn - 15 December 2008 at 8:39pm

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 16 December 2008 at 8:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Caryn

YELLAM AVAN SEYAL

Whatever you do DO NOT watch this movie!  Urghhhhhhhhhhhh........
 Dead

Like Karthi said, 3 hours of her life is wasted watching this movie.  (Netra you watched this movie online and did not bother to tell me? AngryAngry)

My rating........... Dead

LOLLOLLOL Next time before u decide for goin movie . give me a call honey WinkEmbarrassed How wud i know naa?? hehhee .. but glad u enjoyed the movie ROFL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top