Page   of 13
Page 2 Page 13

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 21 September 2008 at 4:46am | IP Logged

Hey friends,

On this thread we can discuss about the recently movies we saw, old movies, or new ones. Just post a review about the movie and your opinions about it and hear what the others have to say about itBig smile

IF Kollywood Develop team

Edited by meli - 21 September 2008 at 4:47am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kadhambarisankadevi30smlaksh

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Tamil Movie Reviews & Discussions" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 21 September 2008 at 6:53am | IP Logged
Well, i finally watch Saroja. Interesting and i completely enjoyed it. Songs was kinda of okay, i did not really enjoy the songs, but okay for listening ........... If ur bored at home and nothing to watch, then go for Saroja

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 21 September 2008 at 7:04am | IP Logged
i agree with neths..................its okay 2 watch.but jayaram's role was repititive in Dhaam Dhoom & Saroja.........thats sick.

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 29 September 2008 at 1:18am | IP Logged

I was in a mood to watch a good movie over the weekend, and could not find one like Saroja or Dhaam dhoom as the CDs are not released yet.  Under strong recommendation of the sales girl, (we had an agreement, if I don't like this movie, I will return the CD and exchange for a new oneWink) and, with 50-50 doubts, I bought DVD and the movie is called "Ali Baba".  Big smile

The only cast I know is Prakashraj Radharavi,  two actors from Malayalam movies, Inspector Poobalan from serial, and  Kausalya's younger sister from Alapaiyuthey. Krishna and Janani are part of the cast. I never seen Krishna before although Janani looks familiar.  Most probably she is the same actress who acted with Madhavan in a movie.  (This is one where she writes her address on a note and he looses it and they out looking for each other).  Anyway, the Director is Selan and Music by Vidayasagar.

I won't summarise the movie coz if I do, then the essence of this movie is gone.  This movie is a thriller so it is better to watch than to read.  Good effort by the Director and you would never guess the ending.  (well I did not anyway).  So if I tell the story, the suspense is gone. Big smile

What I liked about this movie - good acting even for new comers (and proof that you don't have to be Ajith/Vijay to give a good movie), even the actress was given a role to do instead of coming as a bimbo and dance around the park and look good in sexy clothes, good story line, flashbacks and links were shown 'back-to-back' instead of spending half of the movie with flashbacks, Was realistic in many ways.  The 'seasoned" actors/actresses were good, nothing to complain about.

Now what I did not like - unkept beard/moustache of the hero (although I understand why he was potrayed that way coz he comes from slums), but he is wearing stylish clothes, so great attention should be given to his facial hair.  The lighting was not good in some places.  What is a hero without fights, some fights were really over the top.Angry  But luckily, we did not have to endure the fights in the whole movie.  It was only a couple of them with ending scene a bit more.

Music was so and so, so I did not have the patience to listen to it fully.  I forwarded  the songs.  But if given a chance you could get used it.

Over all I can give this movie -  Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up 3.5 thumbs up.  Rest assured I won't be asking for a refundEmbarrassed

You can see this kind of story in Hollywood movies.  Even if the Director took this from Hollywood movies, I would say he has done a good job. 

Edited by Caryn - 29 September 2008 at 1:46am

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 29 September 2008 at 3:15am | IP Logged
Thanks hun. I have this DVD on my sheff and i refuse to watch it thinking its not gonna be worth. But i will watch it tonight lols. Thanks for the review

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 29 September 2008 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
oh thanx caryn for a detailed review of alibaba.............infact i skipped it seeing new faces but my husby said the same dat u've mentioned abt the movie.............now im planning 2 watch it.

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 30 September 2008 at 3:05am | IP Logged
LOL!!! LOL  Both of you bought the CDs and then was reluctant to see it because of new faces.  I was in the same boat too.  It is a risk I took, because of so bored.

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 02 October 2008 at 6:52am | IP Logged
Anyone who is planing to watch Raman Thediya Sethai.. pls forget it. I bought the movie as i really had always enjoyed Cheran's movies. But this was total boring and dragging and i was like grrrr. I kept forwarding the movie. 2 hour movie and i watched it in one hour. What happen to Cheran nowdays?? D'oh

Post Reply New Post

Go to top