CW's got only chick flick shows?!

diyafah thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Guys...have u noticed that CW has started airing shows which is only catering mainly to chick flicks fans..a person like me who lives crime/thriller/mystery/investigations ..sumthing like lost,prison break or house..doesn't like CW shows anymore..

most of their shows are like rich brats high school ones or sumthin on lines of that..
CW must seriously start airing sum crime investigations shows!😃

-Anureet

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Krupa- thumbnail
yepp!..agree, they need another show like Veronica Mars!..one with both teen drama and mystery/crime!
mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: diyafah

..sumthing like lost,prison break or house..doesn't like CW shows anymore.

-Anureet

i so agree with that. they should have more shows likee lost etc

but they do have supernatural so tahts one.
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
There's also Smallvile.  However, I don't think CW is too keen about starting any shows of other genres because their target audience seems to be teen girls, and it's working pretty well too.
mz.jess thumbnail
^ That is true. But not every teen girl is obessed with kids that live in BH, 😆

as well One Tree Hill isnt really a chick flick,  I agree that mostly girls/women watch it. But its different from shows like Gossip Girl, 90210, prieveiled etc.
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: mz.jess

^ That is true. But not every teen girl is obessed with kids that live in BH, 😆

as well One Tree Hill isnt really a chick flick,  I agree that mostly girls/women watch it. But its different from shows like Gossip Girl, 90210, prieveiled etc.

Well, you know, what sells is what sells 😆 😆 And I doubt they're going to change a winning formula. They've got a certain part of the population in their grip with the fashion, glitz, and glamour, so why not just hang onto them, rather than take a risk?

Of course though, that is from a marketing point-of-view. As a viewer, I'd love to have a variety to watch.
Edited by ftm_ca - 15 years ago
mz.jess thumbnail
^ 😆

yes what sells is what sells. Its sad though if you think about it. Some of these shows give off really unrealistic messages.

diyafah thumbnail
Haha..YES guys I totally agree with you!!from a business point of view, they will stick to their genre!!:P
Although, it wud be really good, if they wud have sum crime/horror/mystery or sitcoms :P
mz.jess thumbnail
sitcoms yes aha

remember full house guys? a show like that would be nice.
-Krupa- thumbnail
^haha jess!..everyone loved Full House..my fav were Steph and Michelle!

or even a show like Saved by the Bell!..everyone born in the early 90s watched it!..it was the best show ever!...Screech!..haha, gotta love that kid!