Pakistani Serials

Shoot On Sight banned in Pakistan- Article

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

natasshafan

IF-Rockerz

natasshafan

Posted: 19 September 2008 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
Please, I request u all (and I'm sure the PSF dev team will say the same)... don't start any fights/arguments about this article although there are many issues related to it...Embarrassed Comments are welcome but they shouldn't be against any countries or religions...Smile

Shoot On Sight banned in Pakistan

Jagmohan Mundhra's film on Islamist terrorism, Shoot On Sight, has been banned in Pakistan because the authorities there didn't like their actor Mikaal Zulfikar playing a terrorist. The director says he isn't surprised.

Jagmohan%20Mundra

"Yes, they've banned my film Shoot On Sight because Mikaal, who plays a closet-terrorist, is from Pakistan," says Mundhra, "In a dialogue between Naseeruddin Shah and Om Puri, it is revealed that the young terrorist (played by Mikaal) is from Pakistan. The Pakistanis didn't like it."

Mundhra's Shoot On Sight is based on the July 2007 London bombings. The film unfolds the turmoil in the life of Tariq Ali (Naseeruddin), a Muslim police officer at Scotland Yard, who is asked to track down suspected suicide bombers involved in the bombings.

But what has really surprised the director is that an equally hard hitting film Shoaib Mansoor's Khuda Kay Liye was released without any issue.

"They had Pakistani actors in Pakistan playing fundamentalists. The only thing is, they didn't show any terrorism. They showed the fundamentalism. But not the terrorist violence. 'Shoot On Sight' doesn't spare the audience the violent underbelly of fundamentalism. The Pakistanis didn't like that," he said, "I remember I was in Karachi some years ago when my film 'Bawandar' was selected for the first international film festival. While sightseeing in Karachi my hosts pointed out a huge bungalow saying, 'Yeh Dawood (Ibrahim) ka bungalow hai.'

• Hill Road Media
  • Friday, September 19, 2008
  • Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shoot On Sight banned in Pakistan- Article" in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

natasshafan

IF-Rockerz

natasshafan

Posted: 19 September 2008 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
    All I want to say is Mikaal was a good friend of my cousin when he was in school and I'm quite shocked that he agreed to a role of a terrorist!!Ouch

nida_1990

Goldie

nida_1990

Posted: 20 September 2008 at 11:31am | IP Logged
    hmmmm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top