Nach Baliye 4

NB4 Articles Corner-No Comments (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 33

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 04 October 2008 at 8:04am | IP Logged
I choreographed It's The Time To Disco badly, says Farah Khan

After judging four reality shows, director-choreographer Farah Khan will be back to sit on the judges panel of Nach Baliye 4 with Arjun Rampal and Karisma Kapoor. Here's what she told us about the show, reality television and her mistakes:

Farha%20Khan
Q. People think everything that happens on reality shows is scripted. Is that true?

A. It's not so much scripted as instigated. At least on my shows, no one has dared to ask me to do something unusual.

Q. But contestants are not very real these days either, are they?

A. Yes, all the reality shows have become like a Miss India contest. Everybody knows exactly what to say and when to say. On Indian Idol 1, people were innocent. That is why Idol 2 bombed--because the contestants thought they were already stars. They knew when to cry and when to laugh, all for public support.

Q. Were u offered Indian Idol 4?

A. No.

Q. Which do you like better, Nach Baliye or Indian Idol?

A. I prefer Nach. I'd rather see people dancing then listen to them sing.

Q. On NB 1, Saroj Khan told a couple performing to It's The Time To Disco that they were better than the film. Was it because of your rivalry?

A. No, she was probably right. That is the one song that I feel I have not choreographed well.

Q. Are you giving the contestants any tips?

A. I will tell them what are they doing wrong.

Q. Don't you think audiences are being hit with too many reality shows?

A. Yes, but they don't have any other good options on TV anyway. Moreover, reality shows are all about being connected. People vote because they think they can connect with the show.

Q. Have you lost weight after the babies?

A. Yes and I am working on losing more because I have to sit next to Karisma Kapoor and Arjun Rampal!

• Raj Dixit, Hill Road Media
  • Saturday, October 04, 2008
  • Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "NB4 Articles Corner-No Comments (Page 4)" in Nach Baliye 4 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 04 October 2008 at 8:08am | IP Logged
    Abhijeet Sawant on NB4

Abhijeet Sawant says he knows he will not win Nach Baliye 4 but is confident of his first performance with wife Shilpa, which will be shot on Monday.

Abhijeet%20Sawant
    "I am sure I will stay on the show for at least three weeks because of my popularity. But, we know that we are not going to win and that is not why we are here. Becoming part of this industry means trying out new things. But I am not going leave or forget my original profession," the singer said.

Abhijeet tells us he had originally refused to participate on the show. "Shilpa has never faced the camera and I'm not a dancer either. But she told me, 'We can do this!' It's because of her that I am here," he explained. He added that Shilpa did get a little apprehensive after the first few sessions of practice. "Coordinating practice with promotional events and other things becomes hectic. We were nervous initially, but are now pretty confident about our first performance," he added.

But will a newcomer like Shilpa be able to take the criticism and tough comments? "I have told her not to take them personally. Moreover, the judges are not as harsh as they seem on camera. I have done three shows with Farah and she has met Shilpa too. I have told Shilpa the trick to win Farah's heart is to give her a nice smile after your performance, no matter how you perform," he laughed.

Abhijeet could make it to the tarot reading session that the producers had organised. "I am actually scared of these things. If they tell you something bad, there's unnecessary tension to handle. I was lucky that I could not manage to go for it," he said. Abhijeet considers Jaspal Bhatti and his wife as their tough competitors.

The singer is currently working on his new album, which will release in December. But before that, we will see Abhijeet in a new avtaar in his first film, Lottery.

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Saturday, October 04, 2008
  • niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 04 October 2008 at 11:33pm | IP Logged

Karisma Kapoor on judging Nach Baliye...

After Shilpa Shetty and Urmila Matondar, its the turn for Karisma Kapoor to join the bandwagon on TV

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 04 October 2008 at 11:33pm | IP Logged

'I salute all ladies who dress up in sarees' - Teejay Siddhu

Teejay Sidhu talks of her fashion mantra, her favorite colors and the attire in which her hubby Karnvir likes her ...

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 06 October 2008 at 12:04am | IP Logged

< name="selZoom" value="100" ="">

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 06 October 2008 at 12:10am | IP Logged

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 06 October 2008 at 1:14am | IP Logged
    Karisma: I'm going to judge fairly

Karisma Kapur says her brief from STAR Plus has been to judge Nach Baliye 4 fairly - and that's exactly what she intends on doing.
    Karisma%20Kapoor
    "The channel has been extremely gracious and they have told me: 'Be yourself, just judge them fairly'," slim and lovely Kareena said, "so many people have asked me whether I have been instructed to do something particular on the show or not. But this is not true and it is all about being fair and honest."

Karisma joins Farah Khan and Arjun Rampal as judge on the show's fourth season, and says she has been watching the show herself.

"It is the first ever reality show. It has great appreciation and has been running successfully for three seasons," she said, "So I said to myself: why not be part of such a show?"

Asked what she saw her main tasks as being, she said: "I will focus on performance because I have always been a performer, I guess. I am looking forward to meeting the contestants and getting to know them. Hopefully judging them rightly and looking at their improvement over time."

"When my movies would be released, I would be judged, but this time I'm going to be judge!" she said, adding, "as a person I should be not judging anyone and it's something I have never done before."

Asked who her favourite dancers were from previous seasons, she said: "I should not really be saying this but I think Sachinji and his wife were really good. Everyone else was much younger but the way they performed and the kind of effort they put in is great."

"This time around too there is a mix of contestants and I think I will have fun on the show getting to know them."

Asked if she watched TV at home and what her favourite shows were, Karisma said: "I do watch TV but not that much, perhaps a few reality shows here and there - Nach Baliye is my favourite. Today the gap between movies and television had decreases and everyone is on TV right from Akshay and Salman, all my colleagues are doing it. Television has given career alternatives to so many people."

And will we be seeing her again on the big screen? "It is matter of time; whenever I get a good script I will do it," she said, "I do miss my acting and you do miss things when you are passionate about. I have been working from such a young age, so I have been on a much deserved break."

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 06 October 2008 at 11:06pm | IP Logged

I am back, but this is not my comeback! Karisma Kapoor
    by Meenakshi Shankar
    Oct 06, 2008, Mumbai

Karisma%20KapoorIn an tete a tete with Meenakshi Shankar, Karisma Kapoor gets candid on why she jumped on the reality bandwagon albeit a little late in the day, her foray as a judge in Nach Baliye and much more…

To the oft asked question, why Nach Baliye and why she chose television, Karisma Kapoor says, "Why not Nach Baliye? The show and the number of viewers it brought it was enough to convince me to be a part of the show. Nach Baliye has been a property to be reckoned with for the last three years. It is one of the finest showcases that we have on television. And theser are not merely words because I am part of the showcase, but as a viewer, I have been tuning into the show in the earlier seasons. And the show has excellent TRP ratings. And moreover, at some level I identify with the show. It is a show full of energy."

She adds, " I have been on the other side where I was judged on my dancing skills. The masses would wait and watch for my moves, but here I am on the other side. I am going to be judging themKarisma%20Kapoor. But because I know what it is to be under the constant pressure of being in the limelight and being judged, I hope to bring in my learning to the contestants. The gap between movies and television is barely visible. Everyone is doing TV and why not? Television is a lot of hard work, but the reach is far greater than movies."

But there was a buzz that Karisma was a name that was pitched for 9X's Chak De Bacche Season 2. But things didnt work out at the last minute and she opted to sit in a panel with Farha and Arjun Rampal. Like a graceful ballerina, she sidestepped the question choosing to answer only her stint with Nach Baliye. But, if the industry sources are to be believed, though 9 x offered her a good package, Karisma went purely for the TRP ratings. The Kapoor gal wanted to be part of what is best - so even though the zing of the Nach Baliye Season 4 was not there like the earlier seasons, if sources are to be believed, she chose the show purely on the TRP ratings.

Speculations were rifeKarisma%20Kapoor if indeed Lolo would be a part of Nach Baliye Season 4. Were you toying with the idea of getting back on the job market?

I was a little wary about jumping on board because I wanted to know the time frames. I have a family and motherhood does tend to take a considerable amount of time. So when I was approached to be a judge, I did toy with the idea. I wanted to be a part of the showcase, but I wanted clarity. But Star and Wizcraft have been truly wonderful about working on the time frames. Luckily, reality TV does not take much of your time. Once or twice a week is a nice way to ease into work.
    I am a 'jhatakas'and 'matkas' girl. I love dancing. Give me a chance to wear my dancing shoes and I am ready to do the twirls and swirls. But if you were to ask me what kind of dancing I prefer…well, it has to be our jhatkas!

Coming to her sabbatical, she says, "I have been working since I was 15 years old. I have had a fair number of films, both commercial and otherwise as being critically acclaimed

But I decided that my daughter and my family comes first. Why does every body call it a comeback? When Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep in Hollywood decided to do one movie in five years, folks call it a break. I did take a break, but now I am back. It's not that the projects haven't come my way…I just didn't feel like getting into the groove of applying war paint and facing the lights. I wanted to enjoy my life.

A lot of people have asked me what would it take to face the arch lights and my reply to them is – I have to feel for the movie. I have to feel it in my bones. The script has to pull me away from all my commitments and make me want to be part of it. I don't care of the outcome of the movie. I should be convinced.

Do you watch a lot of television? Yes, I do and I reach out to both the genres – fiction and reality show. But, you have to agree that reality shows are much more exciting than the fiction shows.

So what kind of judge are you going to be?

I hope to be someone fair and I hope to contribute to the show. But, if you are asking me if I would stoop to the level of 'dramabaazi' to increase the TRP's, then let me assure you that is not my forte. Infact, the other day, all the three of us – Farha, Arjun and me met up to discuss on what's our strategy going to be. There's not going any walking out of the show or temper tantrums. Yes, I do know that with reality TV, the judges have been brutal at times. But I chose not to comment on that bit. I am going to be encouraging, but at the same time, I am going to judge fairly.

As a judge, the three of us are going to be a potent package. And, truth be told, I don't think I would want to be a party to a show where the judges emotions are scripted. That is not my cuppa tea.

But hasn't she jumped on the reality bandwagon a tad bit too late. Her coterie – Sonali Bendre and Raveena Tandon are already making a mark. "I do not believe in herd mentality. Yes, there are numerous shows mushrooming, but if a reality showcase had come to me earlier, I wouldn't have considered it. The timing had to be right. The gap between movies and TV is completely gone."

The three musketeers – Farha, Arjun and Me. Arjun and I have danced in a lot of shows. But we have never shared a screen space. The show is going to be a Rock On show because all the three of us share a good vibe. And to me, as a participant in the show, it is an important ingredient because there is so much of comfort level.

She did a television show for Sahara One, which barely made a dent in the TRP charts. But she defends the show like a lioness. "I did it because I was convinced. The role was good and I enjoyed every day of it. But television is hard work. You have an option of hanging your boots when you are working with films, but with television, you are constantly on your feet. As an actor, I have tremendous respect for the actors in the television fraternity

Neither have the demands of marriage nor motherhood has so much as dented her stunning good looks. She looks as gorgeous as ever…and by far, giving her sister Kareena a run for the 'size zero' look which of course, with her trademark lilting laughter she says, "I have been always like this…and size zero is a media hype. I am looking good because I am Me and I am content with my life."

Dwelling on one layer of her personal life, she says, "Motherhood has changed me. I am more mature and I am very happy with my life. Yes, there are ups and downs but then, who wants a life like a straight road. Give me a roller coaster ride any day. It is the best phase in my life and made me much more responsible as a person."

Shakti in 2002 was the last time I faced the camera. In a way, yes, I did miss the lights, but then, I decided that if I don't hang my boots and enjoy the phase I am in now, I would never ever enjoy my life. And now that I am back, I am open to new ideas and new shows, but again, it has to be something which touches a chord

Post Reply New Post

Go to top