Paranormal

*~Fact of the Fortnight(FOTF):: Ouija Boa (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 26 September 2008 at 8:17pm | IP Logged

Ouija Board - The History of the Ouija Board
What is a Ouija board? Ouija boards came into existence as a parlor game in the mid-1800's, when spiritism and channeling were at the height of fashion. The word "Ouija" is a blend of the French and German words for "yes." Adolphus Theodore Wagner first patented Ouija boards, sometimes referred to as "talking boards," in London, England on January 23, 1854. In the patent, Wagner called his invention a "psychograph" and its purpose was to read the minds of people with "nervous energy." By 1861, Frenchman, Allan Kardac, was describing the Ouija board as instruments with which to open communications with the spirit world. In seven short years, the Ouija board had evolved from a mind-reader to portal of communication with the dead.

Modern Ouija boards were developed by inventor William Huld. Huld sold his patent to Parker Brothers in 1966. Ouija boards, as we recognize them today, look nothing like the original prototypes. The 20-25 million Ouija boards sold by Parker Brothers consist of a rectangular game board that is covered with a woodcut-style alphabet, the words yes, no, and good-bye, and the numbers 0-9. Also included with the "game" is a heart-shaped plastic planchette. The planchette is the 'pointer' that is supposed to glide over the board under the direction of supernatural forces and form comments and questions by pointing out questions and comments. Parker Brothers has marketed Ouija Boards under the tagline, "It's only a game - isn't it?"

Ouija Board - The Deception
Satan and his demons can use the Ouija board to give advice, or even to guide a person in a certain direction. This guidance will even seem to be true, good, and helpful. Satan and his demons pretend to be caring. They try to appear as something that appears harmless. 

Satan and his demons will do this in order to get a person even more deeply involved in spiritist practices. Things like the Ouija board appear to be innocent at first, but soon a person finds themselves addicted to guidance from the spirit world - thereby allowing Satan to control and destroy their life. " The Ouija Board may be advertised as just as game, and that is exactly what Satan wants us to believe.

http://www.allabouttheoccult.org/ouija-board.htm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*~Fact of the Fortnight(FOTF):: Ouija Boa (Page 2)" in Paranormal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shijhu

IF-Rockerz

shijhu

Posted: 28 September 2008 at 4:05am | IP Logged
ohh wow dis fotw is gud gud hun

VeeeDeee

IF-Rockerz

VeeeDeee

Posted: 01 October 2008 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
tfs raj!!! i tried to do it once but didnt work out well!!!CryCry 

Edited by soni_gal - 01 October 2008 at 4:38pm

set_raj

IF-Sizzlerz

set_raj

Posted: 01 October 2008 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by soni_gal

Vidhi..it is risky sometimes...one has to do lots of prayers and meditation. for our protection...and with proper guidance..nai to lene ke dene padh jate hain..Smile

VeeeDeee

IF-Rockerz

VeeeDeee

Posted: 02 October 2008 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by set_raj

Vidhi..it is risky sometimes...one has to do lots of prayers and meditation. for our protection...and with proper guidance..nai to lene ke dene padh jate hain..Smile

yeah i know!!! before even doing it i said no cuz i was really scared!!!Ouch

set_raj

IF-Sizzlerz

set_raj

Posted: 03 October 2008 at 1:23am | IP Logged

Next time if ur doing it..u shud be in group and someone who knws abt it..as ur master...if ur doing it alone with ur frnd..there is risk in it...koi aisi aatma aa gayi toh ..toh...tohhh......TongueTongue

VeeeDeee

IF-Rockerz

VeeeDeee

Posted: 06 October 2008 at 12:39pm | IP Logged

Next time if ur doing it..u shud be in group and someone who knws abt it..as ur master...if ur doing it alone with ur frnd..there is risk in it...koi aisi aatma aa gayi toh ..toh...tohhh......TongueTongue

lol.. no my friends dad was there cuz he knows ab all this but i was like i cant do it so i went away! lol... agar aisi koi aatma aa gayi tho mein usey apna dost bana dongi!!!LOLLOL

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 07 October 2008 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
Ouija board

The Ouija is undoubtedly the most well-known paranormal game in the world, mainly because it can be found in just about any mainstream toy store. It's the commercial version of the "talking board," which may date back centuries.

For those who are unfamiliar with it, the Ouija is a game board on which are printed the letters of the alphabet and the words "yes," "no" and "goodbye." Two players place their fingers lightly on a planchette or pointer, then ask questions. The pointer then seems to magically slide around the board, spelling out answers.

While some contend that the movement of the pointer is just the result of unconscious effort by the participants, or the "ideomotor effect," members of various groups are joined by many paranormal researchers in warning that the Ouija may indeed be opening a door to the spirit realm. Dark and sinister forces, they say, can enter our dimension through this door, sometimes with chillingly negative consequences.

Because of this possible negative impact, many researchers advise that the Ouija should not be used under any circumstances. Others say that it can be used safely if a proper "cleansing" is done before and after its use, or if used under the guidance of an experienced medium.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/paranormalgeneralinfo/a/aa101005.htm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top