Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

set_raj

IF-Sizzlerz

set_raj

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 10:58am | IP Logged

Hey Friends,

Starting with Fact Of the Fortnight..where every week we will highlight one Fact related to Paranormalities...Big smile

Our 1st FOTF is::

http://www.oxfordstudent.com/article_images/148/6438/ouija.jpg

(Thanks Raj for the post..)

Question: Is the Ouija board dangerous?

Answer: Most paranormal researchers advise against the casual use of the Ouija board, suggesting that it can be a doorway to unknown dimensions. 'The board itself is not dangerous, but the form of communication that you are attempting often is," says Ghost researcher Dale Kaczmarek of the Ghost Research Society. "Most often the spirits whom are contacted through the Ouija are those whom reside on 'the lower astral plane.' These spirits are often very confused and may have died a violent or sudden death; murder, suicide, etc. Therefore, many violent, negative and potentially dangerous conditions are present to those using the board. Often times several spirits will attempt to come through at the same time but the real danger lies when you ask for physical proof of their existence! You might say, 'Well, if you're really a spirit, then put out this light or move that object!' What you have just done is simple, you have 'opened a doorway' and allowed them to enter into the physical world and future problems can and often do arise."

But what if the Ouija really does not contact spirits? What if it only accesses our own subconscious? The advice might be the same. Since there are relatively few accounts of positive, uplifting experiences with the Ouija, and many negative ones, we might assume that it more attuned to the negative aspects of our subconscious.

If you're determined to use the Ouija anyway, it is highly recommended that you follow some rules of precaution:

• Begin by announcing that the session will only allow an experience that is positive or toward a higher good and that negative energies are not welcome.
  • Don't ask for physical signs.
  • When you're done, close the board. This is an important step. When you're done with your session, slide the planchette to 'GOODBYE' and remove your hands.

Moderator's Note:
Making this Sticky for a week...Thanks Raj for the post...
I've edited and called this ...Fact of the Forthnight...

Everything related to Oujja Boards can be posted in this thread! 
More info here as well...

Sance

Regards,
Paranormal Dev Team

Edited by Gracella - 17 September 2008 at 7:47pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*~Fact of the Fortnight(FOTF):: Ouija Boa" in Paranormal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

set_raj

IF-Sizzlerz

set_raj

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Ouija, Using It Without Harm says, "The Ouija can be a useful tool for mediumship (spirit contact), but can also be a tool to tap into the subconscious minds of the users. It is believed that we know more than we realize and often the answers are inside of us. In this way, it can be used to develop your own psychic powers without having to dig up some spirit of a questionable nature. The Ouija is what each person or group makes it."

set_raj

IF-Sizzlerz

set_raj

Posted: 18 September 2008 at 12:33am | IP Logged

The name "ouija" comes from the French and German words for yes, "oui" and "ja." There are many different types of Ouija Boards, which can have differing layouts and can be made from a variety of materials. The board usually consists of the letters of the alphabet, 0-9 in numbers and the words, "Yes" and "No."  The user or users of the board lightly touch a pointer (sometimes called a planchette) and the pointer moves and spells out the answers to questions asked of the ouija.  Usually this pointer is mounted on castors to help it move freely about the board.

Ouija boards became very popular in the 1960's, a time of resurgent interest in all things occult and metaphysical, and were sold in many countries as a board game. 

Some believe that the Ouija offers proof as to life after death. Others, though, believe that the answers to the ouija come from the unconscious mind of one or all of the sitters. 

Persons of a nervous disposition can be frightened easily when using a ouija board and it is suggested that they should therefore avoid them.  It must also be pointed out that there is no scientific proof that they actually work, although there have been many claims over the years.

set_raj

IF-Sizzlerz

set_raj

Posted: 18 September 2008 at 12:45am | IP Logged

ouija%20board%20ouija%20boards

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 19 September 2008 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Interesting, thanks for sharing the information Raj!!

I usually don't believe in such things but they are always interesting to read about!

-Mahi

set_raj

IF-Sizzlerz

set_raj

Posted: 19 September 2008 at 8:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

I usually don't believe in such things but they are always interesting to read about!

-Mahi

Ur welcom Mahi..
But these things do exist..it depends upon individual to believe it or not...but the Ouija board is proven helpful and the spirits do come...cos they also want to communicate with humans...i hv so many books and articles..i will add more later..Smile

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 19 September 2008 at 8:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by set_raj

Originally posted by -Mystery-

-Mahi

Ur welcom Mahi..
But these things do exist..it depends upon individual to believe it or not...but the Ouija board is proven helpful and the spirits do come...cos they also want to communicate with humans...i hv so many books and articles..i will add more later..Smile

I know, I have heard a lot about that too that the spirits do come and they do communicate and all but I guess in things like this personal experience speaks more.  And since I haven't had any personal experience with this I don't believe in it.  But nevertheless, it's interesting!

-Mahi

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 24 September 2008 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
^^ haye haye mahi...the fact that u haven't experienced something personally doesn't mean that it doesn't exist yaar...Even i haven't experienced..but i do know that these things do happen...

so believe it or not..Oujja boards are used and people do succeed in contacting spirits etc..
Smile

Love,
Gracella

Post Reply New Post

Go to top