have you noticed...?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
hi guys.... i was re-reading the twilight saga a couple of days ago.... and i noticed that stephenie tends to repeat a few specific words a lot. πŸ˜• A few examples that i can remember now are:

chagrin
maschoistic
chastise
hyperventilate

in some parts she's used the same word about three or four times on one page... πŸ˜• have you ever noticed that?
lol...yuup she does repeat alot... but so do some toher authors i have read.....weird
i know..... it's really weird
and especially GRIMACED..

used, way too much by her.

-Navi.

The one that I've noticed the most is 'chagrin'.... I have noticed this word is used a lot! 😳 However, I think only once or twice did I find it repetitive.. other times, it wasnt really that noticeable to me. She's not the only author who repeats words, everyone does that... sometimes there's just not a better word to use! Or other times, that's the only one you can think of... though I do wish that another word was used sometimes, though. Anyways... good observations! :)

i know!! except that i dont think it really matters πŸ˜ƒ like ammmu said sometimes there just not another better word!! but a lot of times, she says Grimaced a lot πŸ˜† like navi said πŸ˜† and when it doesnt really makes sense πŸ˜†
yeah, she does say grimaced, and chagrin alot...but i think that's normal for authors to use the same word repeatedly. it might seem weird to us, but for them ,its fine.
I thought I was the only one who noticed the repetition of the word "chagrin" and it'd be okay if she used it properly but she doesn't. Not in MS, at least.

For the lulz, I pulled out my copy of MS and ran these words in the search:
(keep in mind, these are only a count of 12 chapters)
- flinch/flinched: 18
- sigh/sighed: 81
- wince/winced: 8
- cringe/cringed: 9
- warm/warmed/warmer/warmth/warming: 41
- exquisite: 8
- human(s)/inhuman: 179
- smile/smiled: 126
- monster: 50
- dazzle/dazzled: 10
- silent/silently/silence/silenced : 61
- frown/frowned/frowning: 19
- gasp/gasped/gasping: 18
- grimace/grimaced: 15
- jerk/jerked/jerking: 7

This is so hilarious and amusing at the same time.
Edited by ShadowKisses - 15 years ago
lolll the only word that i noticed which was repeatative was "Edward" but for the first time I dint mind at allβ˜ΊοΈπŸ˜†
Originally posted by ShadowKisses

I thought I was the only one who noticed the repetition of the word "chagrin" and it'd be okay if she used it properly but she doesn't. Not in MS, at least.

For the lulz, I pulled out my copy of MS and ran these words in the search:
(keep in mind, these are only a count of 12 chapters)
- flinch/flinched: 18
- sigh/sighed: 81
- wince/winced: 8
- cringe/cringed: 9
- warm/warmed/warmer/warmth/warming: 41
- exquisite: 8
- human(s)/inhuman: 179
- smile/smiled: 126
- monster: 50
- dazzle/dazzled: 10
- silent/silently/silence/silenced : 61
- frown/frowned/frowning: 19
- gasp/gasped/gasping: 18
- grimace/grimaced: 15
- jerk/jerked/jerking: 7

This is so hilarious and amusing at the same time.

wow! good job! whoa... she used human/inhuman 179 times? that's weird.... all right i agree that for smile there really aren't that many synonyms that work but there are plenty for monster, exquisite,  and sigh.... oh well.... it's her choice if she wants to repeat words let her