Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 1:52am | IP Logged
hi guys.... i was re-reading the twilight saga a couple of days ago.... and i noticed that stephenie tends to repeat a few specific words a lotConfused A few examples that i can remember now are:

chagrin
maschoistic
chastise
hyperventilate

in some parts she's used the same word about three or four times on one page... Confused have you ever noticed that?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "have you noticed...?" in Twilight forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jpatel

IF-Dazzler

jpatel

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
lol...yuup she does repeat alot... but so do some toher authors i have read.....weird

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
i know..... it's really weird

-Navi

IF-Rockerz

-Navi

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
and especially GRIMACED..

used, way too much by her.

-Navi.

ammmu

IF-Veteran Member

ammmu

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 3:47pm | IP Logged

The one that I've noticed the most is 'chagrin'.... I have noticed this word is used a lot! Embarrassed However, I think only once or twice did I find it repetitive.. other times, it wasnt really that noticeable to me. She's not the only author who repeats words, everyone does that... sometimes there's just not a better word to use! Or other times, that's the only one you can think of... though I do wish that another word was used sometimes, though. Anyways... good observations! :)

*Nishi*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Nishi*

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 4:13pm | IP Logged
 i know!! except that i dont think it really matters Big smile like ammmu said sometimes there just not another better word!! but a lot of times, she says Grimaced a lot LOL like navi said LOL and when it doesnt really makes sense LOL

Mockingjay1

Mockingjay1

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
yeah, she does say grimaced, and chagrin alot...but i think that's normal for authors to use the same word repeatedly. it might seem weird to us, but for them ,its fine.

ShadowKisses

IF-Dazzler

ShadowKisses

Winner of KSBKBT Debate Champtionship 2

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
I thought I was the only one who noticed the repetition of the word "chagrin" and it'd be okay if she used it properly but she doesn't. Not in MS, at least.

For the lulz, I pulled out my copy of MS and ran these words in the search:
(keep in mind, these are only a count of 12 chapters)
- flinch/flinched: 18
- sigh/sighed: 81
- wince/winced: 8
- cringe/cringed: 9
- warm/warmed/warmer/warmth/warming: 41
- exquisite: 8
- human(s)/inhuman: 179
- smile/smiled: 126
- monster: 50
- dazzle/dazzled: 10
- silent/silently/silence/silenced : 61
- frown/frowned/frowning: 19
- gasp/gasped/gasping: 18
- grimace/grimaced: 15
- jerk/jerked/jerking: 7

This is so hilarious and amusing at the same time.

Edited by ShadowKisses - 17 September 2008 at 8:46pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top