Members Lounge

HAPPY SINGH =)

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

WildGloss

IF-Rockerz

WildGloss

Posted: 16 September 2008 at 2:51am | IP Logged

"If you could be happy, really happy, just for a while, but you knew from the start that it would end in sadness, and bring pain afterwards, would you choose to have the happiness or avoid it?" - Shantaram.

I came across this question, a basic one but it made me think over and over again.
Would like to hear your views, would you choose happiness? or avoid it at such a situation..and WHY?

P.S -- wasnt sure where to make this topic, advice corner.. love,friendship..or ML... mods feel free to move it whereever. Sorry!

- Mahi Embarrassed

Edited by WildGloss - 16 September 2008 at 2:52am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "HAPPY SINGH =)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RAJAYE_HIND

Goldie

RAJAYE_HIND

Posted: 16 September 2008 at 4:56am | IP Logged

Friend, When you share happiness it increases, when you share sorrow it decreases. So one should not be Upset and give up happiness in fear of sadness.

xox.iloveyou

IF-Rockerz

xox.iloveyou

Posted: 16 September 2008 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
i would choose happiness.
because if sad like im not happy it makes da ppl around me like dat too !
so if i suffer den why do da ppl around me suffer too ? it's not fair too em !
so like ppl always say live life like today's yur last day ! =] 
^^ n relle yu shoulldd yu never know kal ho na ho !

-Akanksha-

Goldie

-Akanksha-

Posted: 16 September 2008 at 10:19pm | IP Logged

i would definitely take the happiness. who knows, it may be my only chance at happiness ever, and if i dont take the chance i may never be happy again. like animerocks said kya pata, kal ho naa ho. temporary happiness is better than none, right?

WildGloss

IF-Rockerz

WildGloss

Posted: 16 September 2008 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Agree with all three of you!
Happiness always wins over Sadness, =)

Frends-life

IF-Dazzler

Frends-life

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 7:04am | IP Logged
m definately gonna choose Happiness =))
cuz i know its gonna end as a sadness..& if i'll not b chooosing anything..the result would b same..so y dont be happy..that does'nt matters 4 how much tym!

Huduga

Huduga

Posted: 29 September 2008 at 4:07am | IP Logged
Very nice question.  it really makes us to think.

I agree with others, that being happy for a moment is good.

But i think, it depends on the situation and subject too.

Why will we feel happy abt that ? and what type of sadness, will it bring ?

For example.
There are many ppl, who enjoy drugs etc, just to enjoy and feel happy for few moments, whereas they know, this will bring sadness later.

Then there are many parents, who even if they know later their children may not survive, feel happy in starting.

It will vary for other situations.

But i think, first we shud analyse the situation. Maybe one will feel very happy to watch first show of first movie of one's fav actor. but tomorrow one has exam, so one shud prepare for that.

hmm, in the end it depends, what type of happiness is it ? and what sadness we r going to have in exchange ?
and that is wisdom too.

Many times when we don't spend money on certain things, which we like. just bcoz we want to save that money for something important..
Or when we don't spend time in entertainment, and use it for our next exam, assignment.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top