Importance of Lord Vishnu's Namam

bharat9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

You all know that Lord Vishnu's wears a vertically shaped tilak (see pic), also called Namam, ie Two vertically converging white stripes joining at a point met by a red vertical stripe.

The leftside white stripe represents Lord Brahma creating lives.
The rightside white stripe representing Lord Shiva resolving lives.
And the center red stripe representing Lord Vishnu Himself protecting lives.

The vertical stripes symbolises the present life.
The white colour represents the soft, peaceful light of soul and the red colour represents the victory of Jeevathma, ie existence.
Edited by bharat999 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika113 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks, Rimi for this info. I didn't know this . This is a beautiful and meaningful explanation!! Vishnu bhakts always wear this symbol while shiva bhakts wear the three striped viboothi with red round tilak. Now it makes sense. This is why our sweet Ramji and Lakshmanji, and Hanumanji are wearing long red tilaks while
Ravan, Vibhishan, and their sons wear the striped version. Always learning something from this forum. You guys are the best๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thank u sooooooooooooooo much rimi !!! for this great info ,really very very exclusive info .
_rajnish_ thumbnail
thanks a lot rimi really din't knew this b4.๐Ÿ˜Š
thanks a lot 4 ur explanation๐Ÿ˜›

bharat9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mallika113

Thanks, Rimi for this info. I didn't know this . This is a beautiful and meaningful explanation!! Vishnu bhakts always wear this symbol while shiva bhakts wear the three striped viboothi with red round tilak. Now it makes sense. This is why our sweet Ramji and Lakshmanji, and Hanumanji are wearing long red tilaks while
Ravan, Vibhishan, and their sons wear the striped version. Always learning something from this forum. You guys are the best๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

You are welcome Mallika! I have never seen u here b4, and u seems to know my name! Welcome!

Yes, all Vishnu Bhakts, Krishna Bhakts do wear this Namam!!

I have also got the info about Lord Shiva's Namam. I will post this very soon as well.

Hope you liked this info! Oh yes, this forum does give an oppurunity to learn something everytime a person comes here! Even I learn few things here as well as try to share info with each other.
bharat9 thumbnail

@Jingjing, sita and rajnish: You are most welcome!! Its my pleasure to share this info with you guys here!

Yes, this info is very exclusive and exclusive for the Ramayan forum members!!!

I have the info about Lord Shiva's Namam as well and will post this very soon!
rupalip thumbnail
 Thanks rimi...   Hanumanji wear this same symbol in this Ramayan ...  See this two pics from the scene where  he take Ramji n laxmanji to sugreev...  two diff styles ...  I think makeup man wasnt sure of colors or he tries both styles to see which suits more ๐Ÿ˜†       
bharat9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rupalip

Thanks rimi...   Hanumanji wear this same symbol in this Ramayan ...  See this two pics from the scene where  he take Ramji n laxmanji to sugreev...  two diff styles ...  I think makeup man wasnt sure of colors or he tries both styles to see which suits more ๐Ÿ˜†       

u r welcome.

oh, yes! wht sharp observation!!!

Edited by bharat999 - 15 years ago