The chracter of Jake

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Ambrosia

IF-Veteran Member

Ambrosia

*CID banner Contest Winner*

Posted: 14 September 2008 at 1:16pm | IP Logged

From the very beginning it was Edward who ruled Bela's heart, her soul, her mind everything. She loved him unconditionally and irrevocably but in New Moon when he leaves her, and walks out of her life, bella meets Jake. I am sort of confused here, though she claimed that she was in love with Jake as well but was there any truth in her story?Confused She was spending time with Jake because she wanted to push edward away from her thoughts , more like using the poor innocent mechanic. She was selfish and later on when Edward returned Jake lost his importance in her life. She kissed him because she wanted to make him stay back and not risk his life, not because she loved him like Jake assumed. By the end of Breaking Dawn Jake turned into their body guard,... dont you think Stephenie could have modified this character a bit more or you feel Jake was just perfect?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The chracter of Jake" in Twilight forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jpatel

IF-Dazzler

jpatel

Posted: 14 September 2008 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
I think Jake's Charcter is perfect...i mean im perfectly happy not to get Ed and have Jacob myself....but i think im getting what you mean....From Bella's perspective we really couldn't understand perfectly how Jake felt and how he truly is....During Book 2 in BD and reading a short insight of life for Jake in the first three books which is on SMeyers website I actucally really like Jake and he's perfect...Maybe the flaw is in Jake's and Bella's realationship and not Jake himself!!! But mind you SMeyer could make him a bit perfect by making him from granite...but hey..Werewolves float my boatTongueSmile
Love
Radz
xxx

ShadowKisses

IF-Dazzler

ShadowKisses

Winner of KSBKBT Debate Champtionship 2

Posted: 14 September 2008 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
I've always believed perfect characters make for a bland story. You can't really make them evolve because they are 'perfect' and unrealistic. I think the character of Jacob had a lot of potential. He's the sort of goofy guy in the group you can always rely on and thus, should get the girl by all standards. SMeyer should have majorly altered his character to give him more personality traits so he could have played a foil to Edward's character (who is in dire need of a personality himself) - not just in the state at room temperature way. I'd have also liked if Jacob was made out to be a physically unattractive character: kind of like Mr. Rochester or Esteban Trueba. Appealing, yet appalling.

Alas, the last book stomped all over his character. I would prefer to see him alone (or with Leah) than with Nessie. That's pedophilic Dead. Imagine when he proposes, it would be so awkward and so lulz-worthy. "Nessie, you darling child, I realize this may be sort of weird, considering I once wanted to slit your father's throat and get frisky with your mother, but will you marry me?"

Sabah

Goldie

Sabah

Posted: 14 September 2008 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
I think the way they had Jacob in the book was perfect. He had personality, and was good looking.
Yes Bella had some feelings for him, but she never claimed them to be love really, she said she wanted right on him, she said she wished he could be her brother or have some relation with her so she would have some right over him.
The attraction jacob had for Bella was not what he thought it was gonna be, otherwise he would have imprinted on her, which he didn't. I think what happened was cool.
As for it seeming weird...well they never had any real Love Chemistry (Bella and jacob) they had feelings Yes, but neither of them were able to understand what the feelings were, Nessie was meant to be with Jacob, and I'm really Happy they went together!. =D its really cute. And he's never gonna be much older than her i mean she ages at the speed of i have no clue what. but yea i mean when Jacob is like 3 centuries old, Nessie will be like 2.99999999 (only a few years off)  centuries old...so if you look at it like that its fine.
I think Jacob's character was real enough yet perfect enough.

sabrinaa.

IF-Rockerz

sabrinaa.

Posted: 15 September 2008 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
No, not at all. I felt that Jacob's role had a very small amount of importance and focus. I felt he was being used by the *insert curse word* and selfish Bella all throughout the books. She claimed she loved him, but said she "loved loved" Edward. Wow, that's nice. And it was always as if Jacob's back-up or the second banana for Bella. But what bothers me the most, is that she's playing with Jacob's feelings. I seriously could murder her if she was real. :)
I think his character could have gotten a much better importance, and also brains to acknowledge that he's basically being a sick love puppy for Bella.

Edited by Sabrinaa xo - 15 September 2008 at 7:05pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top