Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 17

Page 1
Page   of 17
Page 3 Page 17

subhavenkat

subhavenkat

Posted: 16 September 2008 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Hi!!! Just curious, are episodes in USA  trailing behind the ones in india? because, here the training session has started only today. Thanks for the update though :-)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "airtel super singer (Page 2)" in Tamil Reality Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

applesauce1313

Groupbie

applesauce1313

Posted: 16 September 2008 at 12:34am | IP Logged
Yeah I think they must be trailing cos here the selection thing has already started. Today they are going to show the other Madhumitha and looks like Shuba is enjoying herself! :)

Its so confusing when the participants have the same names. I think there are 2 Jananis, 2 Bhargavis and 2 Madhumithas.

Oh by the way would you guys want some inside info? My friend's cousin happens to be one of the participants so I usually know whats happening 2 weeks before they telecast! I wont spoil the surprise for those who are still watching, but will only tell u that there's a fun episode coming up, where the contestants get to show their other skills apart from singing.

Dont know when it will be telecast though, maybe 2 weeks from now.

GGG3

Goldie

GGG3

Posted: 16 September 2008 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the updates, applesauce. And thanks for the inside info too. What's your friend's cousin's name?

applesauce1313

Groupbie

applesauce1313

Posted: 16 September 2008 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
Aha I m not answering that question! :) I dont want to be accused of bias later.

Anyway on 16th Sept Deepika was rejected, Bhavatharini, Harinii, Hari and one other person were waitlisted. Bhavatharini took a brave decision and tried to sing the Kamal song "Ilamai Idho Idho". Maybe she didnt have enough practice but she could have done much better, so the judges decision wasnt a surprise.

Rohit sang the Ilayaraja song "Sorgame yendralum". I agree with the judges that he's got a unique voice and style of singing. He was spot selected. Among the others who were selected were Ajesh (he has a very melodius voice) and the last participant yesterday Madhumitha ( sorry folks I didnt write down all the names so I ve forgotten some of the people who were selected ) .

Madhumitha sang especially well, her 2nd song was very good. She wasnt too great in the first song, but then again, I heard that she had sung an alapana in Revathy raga before starting the folk song in the same raga, this was her own improvisation, and apparently this is what impressed the judges to spot select her. Unfortunately, the alapana bit was edited and wasnt shown yesterday! She made up int he 2nd song, something called "Gundu maanga" from the movie Sachin. Malgudi Shubha seemed to be having a good time as she was dancing and singing along with her!

Now I m beginning to realise why some of the decisions seem tricky. Obviously if the whole song is not shown we'll not know on what basis exactly the judges decide that a person is to be selected or rejected.

If there's anyone else who is also following this show pls do fill in the blanks for the other selected participants.

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 12:44am | IP Logged
thanks for the update applesauce!

applesauce1313

Groupbie

applesauce1313

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 4:49am | IP Logged

A question f or those watching this show.

Who are your favourites? Mine are Madhumitha ( after that gundu maanga song she couldnt possibly be missed out!) and Ragini, I like Bhargavi also. LIke Rohit among the guys, RAgini has a very unique voice among the girls. and Madhumitha has a great voice + attitude

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 18 September 2008 at 12:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by applesauce1313

Who are your favourites? Mine are Madhumitha ( after that gundu maanga song she couldnt possibly be missed out!) and Ragini, I like Bhargavi also. LIke Rohit among the guys, RAgini has a very unique voice among the girls. and Madhumitha has a great voice + attitude

Madhmitha was good but she clearly lacked something (clarity??)! But I'm having difficulty choosing my favourite singer as most of them are average-good in one way or another!

Judges are fair with their comments, so I'm pleased with this show! 

applesauce1313

Groupbie

applesauce1313

Posted: 18 September 2008 at 1:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~*Thamizhan*~

Originally posted by applesauce1313

Madhmitha was good but she clearly lacked something (clarity??)! But I'm having difficulty choosing my favourite singer as most of them are average-good in one way or another!

Judges are fair with their comments, so I'm pleased with this show! 

I agree the judges are pretty decent and give encouraging comments even while rejecting. They arent rude just for the sake of drama.

About ur comment on Madhumitha, could u explain? I didnt quite understand what you meant by clarity.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top