India-Forums

Saaksshi (Saakshi)
Saaksshi (Saakshi)

IS SAMIR SONI(PURAB) LEAVING SAAKSSHI TOO

rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 02 September 2004 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
IS SAMIR SONI AKA PURAB LEAVING SAAKSSI TTOO OR IS IT A RUMOUR?

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 02 September 2004 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
There are rumours that he is going to be killed off in Saakshi...the channel is not confirming anything though.
rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 02 September 2004 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
wow U REPLY FAST!!!!
*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 02 September 2004 at 2:01pm | IP Logged

Yes, deadly posted an article the following article in the general discussion portion of this forum:

Source :

http://ww1.mid-day.com/entertainment/television/2004/august/ 90877.htm

Saaksshi's new twist

By: Upala KBR
   August 26, 2004

http://ww1.mid-day.com/entertainment/television/2004/august/ 90877.htm
Sameer Soni in Saaksshi
There will be a change of track in Cinevistaas' weekly serial Saaksshi which airs on Sony.

Lots of surprises are in store in the show. Says Siddharth Malhotra, associate producer and creative director of Cinevistaas, "Lots more emotion and drama have been added. Saaksshi will have a long, linear track now.

There will be plenty of outdoors and we will shoot in places like Leh and Ladakh. We will also be introducing new characters in the next few weeks."

In a major twist to the story, there will be a confrontation between the main protagonist Saaksshi and her boss, Shekhar Gupta (Sameer Soni) who is the head of the intelligence company Astra. T

he buzz is that Shekhar Gupta dies in the serial next week. "You will have to wait and watch," smiles Malhotra without denying it. 

Without confirming the change Soni says, "Certain creative decisions have been taken to shock the audience and raise the TRPs. These changes were not a part of the original story that was narrated to me." Beyond this he is not willing to comment saying it should be "a surprise."

Cinevistaas has apparently not decided whether to kill off Soni's character completely through an accident (death-in-the-line-of-duty) or have him come back as a mole for the Pakistanis.

Which would be a complete shocker as this would have him leave Astra, become its arch-rival and bring him in direct confrontation with Saaksshi.

Soni attired in a Pathani suit could be a get-up change for the character. Apart from Saaksshi, Soni also stars as the charismatic business tycoon, Purab Mehra,  in Sony's popular soap Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin.

Mouli Ganguly, who plays Saaksshi, says, "The story told to me earlier has changed for reasons better known to the makers. They have told me it's for the betterment of the serial. The incidents have changed." Ganguly plays an undercover cop in Astra.

Incidentally, after Saaksshi changed from its one-hour slot on Saturdays to a half-hour slot on Friday (8.30 pm), its TRPs have risen. Sony has approved 52 more episodes.

so according to this, it seems they will

juni Newbie
juni
juni

Posted: 02 September 2004 at 2:04pm | IP Logged

I truly wonder if Jassi and Arman get together here, people are assuming so cause thats what happens in the spanish series, but here we have already had soo many differences. Yes they have bought the copy right and the essence of the story must remain, but i dont think people realize that her marrying or not marry armann wont change the essence of the story. This isnt a love story, but more a coming of age kind of story

rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 02 September 2004 at 2:07pm | IP Logged

WOW I CAN'T WAIT BUT I WOULD BE SAD IF SAMIR SONI LEAVES BUT THAT TWIST IS AMAZING!

Nupur Groupbie
Nupur
Nupur

Posted: 02 September 2004 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
I read somewhere today ( dont remember where) but it said something like Jassi asking armaan that she wants tobe the CEO of gulmohur or something like that... dont know what will happen then..maybe purab will change her looks too i mean ask her to change or something like last time (when she was i alibagh or somewhere) and maybe purab changed arundhati too!! who knows
Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 02 September 2004 at 2:12pm | IP Logged

Well said Juni. Many times I find myself just focusing on the love-story, but the serial is about Jassi - how she evolves as a person, how she overcomes obstacles, etc...

Perhaps they should have titled the serial differently. I mean, when you declare that "there is no one like Jassi", you have to show that. If you think about it, Jassi is behaving like any ordinary girl with her first crush. Us hisaab se Jassi Jaissi Sabhi ladkiaan hain.

They should have titled it as "Jassi: Ek badsurat ladki ki kahani" or something along those lines ; perhaps then the plot line would have been a bit easier to digest. 

Go to top