Page 1 of 1

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 09 September 2008 at 2:22am | IP Logged
"TRP's fail to make any sense to me" cries Rupali Ganguly

by Meenakshi Shankar

Sep 09, 2008, Mumbai  

mona%20singh,Rupali%20gangulyTwo more Tuesday's to go before NDTV Imagine's Ek Packet Umeed goes off air. And the leading lady of J D Majethia's Hats Off Production, Rupali Ganguly is upset over the show being pulled off air.

Seemingly the channel had approached the production house to commence the shooting on a daily basis, but Rupali says, "Hats Off production has always believed in quality. Shooting a daily was a very expensive proposition. If it was another production house, they would have used body doubles and made some cuts here and there to cater to the whims and fancies of the channel. But Hats Off isRupali%20Ganguly a notch above the production houses. They have always put their artiste's interest as paramount."

"I don't understand this TRP ka chakkar. Everyone says they want to tune in to a serial with a difference and yet, it's the same old rhona dhona saga that they tune into day in and day out. Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai was pulled off air because the numbers didn't ring in the right note. And yet, there are runs of the hilarious comedy on the channel, which has people tuning in. Ek Packet Umeed was a whole different genre, which was shades different from the regular fare and yet, the numbers dEk%20Packet%20Umeedidn't ring in right.

Is Season 2 of Ek Packet Umeed on the cards?

According to Shailaja Kejriwal, programming head, NDTV Imagine, all the weekly hour long shows on the channel will have seasons. Rupali hopes that there is a season 2 and is keeping her fingers crossed. And like her, her coterie also hopes on the same note.

Ek Packet Umeed is a show, which revolves around the lives of 11 women who live together after their unfortunate pasts. It's a new genre, a break away from the melodrama and the trials and tribulations that our Indian viewers are used to.

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_news/rupali_ganguly_ek_packet_umeed/september-09-2008/rupali_ganguly_ek_packet_umeed.html

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yipee

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TRP's fail to make any sense to me" cries Rupali" in Other Shows - NDTV Imagine forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

prernade

prernade

Posted: 09 September 2008 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
i really like this serial.its so different from saas bahu sagas..please give us a second season !!

niyati13

niyati13

Posted: 11 September 2008 at 1:54am | IP Logged
one more good serial going off airCry

matts

Groupbie

matts

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 6:28am | IP Logged
I cant believe it.!  .This was one of very few serials that made some sense... I just cant believe they are callling it off...sad... very sad.... I always look forward to tuesdays  to watch  EPU... I hope they start the second season soon...Cry

mytri

mytri

Posted: 26 September 2008 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
 oh no!Shocked how can they pull off such a good serial Unhappy.
Its one of the best serial in this genre with humour&emotion equally,
its much better than that saas bahu sagas
Iam really upset with this news Cry,i hope they have season 2.

mehtaf

mehtaf

Posted: 30 September 2008 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
EPU is an excellent show. It is one of the very few sensible shows on TV currently. Please dont pull it off air. People like me have nothing to watch for on Tv.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top