Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Amitabh teaches Abhishek! After Shah Rukh, Akshay Kumar, Suniel Shetty, Salman Khan and of course Amitabh Bachchan having hosted shows, it's now Abhishek's turn. Bachchan Jr. will host a show 'Big B's Den' on NDTV Imagine, where he'll chat up dad Amitabh.

While Abhishek was all set to host a show...a chat show with dad Bachchan in the hot seat, he ended up learning a thing or two from his legendary father. He grilled his 'Pa' with some unforgettable questions on the Unforgettable Tour. But when it was time for a commercial break, it was pa B's turn to do some grilling, especially since Beta Bachchan wasn't too sure how to 'break into a break'.   

Amitabh interrupted at this point and began to teach Abhishek the proper art and style of taking a commercial break. He said, "Hey, you don't know the style of how to go on a break. You are conducting the program, na? I'll show you how to do it. Just say, so ladies and gentlemen lot more yet to be disclosed. Don't go anywhere and stay tuned. We'll be right back after a small break!"

Baap toh hamesha baap hi rahega na!
fan_of_Big_B thumbnail

fan_of_Big_B thumbnail

fan_of_Big_B thumbnail

fan_of_Big_B thumbnail

fan_of_Big_B thumbnail

fan_of_Big_B thumbnail

fan_of_Big_B thumbnail

fan_of_Big_B thumbnail

fan_of_Big_B thumbnail

Amitabh Bachchan copies me: Abhishek

Actor Abhishek Bachchan was in the Capital on Saturday evening when the serials blasts shook Delhi. The actor was travelling for a press meet near Connaught Place when the bomb at Central Park went off. CNN-IBN's Suhasini Haider spoke to him about his first hand experience with terror, his identity beyond his father and the rumours that constantly hound his family.

Suhasini Haidar: You missed getting to Connaught Place by a few minutes on Saturday. Was it a narrow escape from the Delhi blasts for you?

Abhishek Bachchan: I wouldn't call it an escape. I was on my way to the Omega showroom in Connaught Place, but I changed my mind at the last minute as I had a function to attend, so I turned back. It's only when I got home to get ready, I saw on the news that the blasts had taken place. It was just a horrific event and I felt really bad about it.

Suhasini Haidar: What would you say about your own identity? Do you feel in a sense that you have stepped out of your father's shadow?

Abhishek Bachchan: No, and I don't think that I ever will step out of his shadow and neither am I trying to. I say this because very early on in my career, even before my first film released, I realised that this is something I should never try to do. I'm very proud to be in my father's shadow, to be a Bachhan and to be his son. One of the greatest things in my life is that I'm my father's son.

Suhasini Haidar: Do you think your a better dancer than your father?

Abhishek Bachchan: Well, he says I am. But I don't think so.

Suhasini Haidar: Is it true that his steps in the film Don for the song Khai Ke Paan banaras Wala is something that he picked up from you?

Abhishek Bachchan: Yes that is true. Apparently when they were shooting for Khai Ke Paan banaras Wala, he used to take me to the set. And whenever the song was played I used to start dancing to it and they allegedly copied my steps. Which I think is a very cool thing as I get a lot of bragging rights. I can go around bragging that Amitabh Bachchan copies me.

Suhasini Haidar: Do think that the constant rumours about Aishwarya's pregnancy and that the Bachchan family doesn't want her to act anymore hurt her career at all?

Abhishek Bachchan: No I don't think so. Or else why would she be working in the kind of films that she does. Also, I don't take kindly to people saying that the Bachchans are stopping her from working because people very conveniently forget that my mother is an actor and I'm the son of an actor, an actor who has done some substantial work and continues to do so.

We don't believe in stopping anybody from doing anything, we aren't that kind of a family. I think that is a very archaic way of thinking. Aishwarya is free to do whatever she pleases to and whatever maker her happy. We as a family and I as her husband will support her.