'I have no desire for captaincy!'-Misbah,see pg 3!

Posted: 15 years ago

Pakistan cricket team's vice captain, Misbah ul Haq has rejected the idea of his elevation as captain saying he has no desire for leadership.

The reliable batsman of the team in recent years said he is enjoying playing cricket and at this stage his prime objective is to concentrate more on polishing his batting skills.

" Obviously leadership brings extra load of responsibility and I am enjoying my present status of vice captain in the team ",he said.

Misbah's batting prowess and reliance was one of the main factors which led to Pakistan in the semi finals of the inaugural twenty-20 cup in South Africa and then onwards there was no looking back from the stylish batsman and in last Asia Cup at Home this summer he was a big support to the team.

At a time when change in the leadership of Pakistan team is echoed as Shoaib Malik has lost the faith of the national selectors because of his failure to lift the fortunes of the team, Misbah emerged as hot favourite alongwith Younis Khan and Shahid Afridi for the slot of captain.

But his refusal has paved the way for Younis and Afridi who both are in a desperate race to become the captain.

"I know it is a great honour to be the captain of the team but I feel contended the way I am ",he asserted.

source: http://www.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=51276&Itemid=1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't like this!!!πŸ˜• At a time when nearly every Pak cricket fan wants Misbah as the captain..he's saying that he doesn't want to!!

Edited by coolsonu - 15 years ago
I like Misbah, he's an exciting batsman. But I don't think captaincy is his cup of tea. Afridi is a big NO NO! lol πŸ˜† I use to like him a lot but most of the time he can't go past 20 runs! Plus he's hot-headed. Malik has lost his way as the captain.....so the best choice for Pakistan would be Younis Khan. I think he has the skills.
Thanx for posting!
Thnx for posting..I agree wid Aaliya..on the fact tht captaincy is nt..Misbah's cup of tea..n Shoaib Malik is nt a gud captain..so I agree tht..Younis shud take the captaincy
Hmmm....what he says is justified but Misbah could have been a good captain. And yes, even I feel that Shoaib is not a great captain...i think he is not firm....just like Rahul Dravid... of course, both of them have worked hard....but i think they lack the leadership qualities...

Originally posted by *Aaliya*

I like Misbah, he's an exciting batsman. But I don't think captaincy is his cup of tea. Afridi is a big NO NO! lol πŸ˜† I use to like him a lot but most of the time he can't go past 20 runs! Plus he's hot-headed. Malik has lost his way as the captain.....so the best choice for Pakistan would be Younis Khan. I think he has the skills.
Thanx for posting!

Well,seems like u haven't seen Misbah's captaincy much... Misbah is the 2nd best captain in our our domestic circuit!!! He really has the leadership qualities...he can certainly lead from the front.. He is full of fighting spirit as we've seen in his batting,too.. his commitment to the game is an inspiration for the youngsters.. Another important thing u need as a captain is respect..respect from your team mates and Misbah certainly has that!! He also has a cool head..which u require in pressure situations.. his tactical skills are good too!!!πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
  u know who's the BEST captain in our domestic circuit..?? believe it or not, its AFRIDI!!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜› Afridi is a really attacking captain...never lets the opposition team to come on top.. his tactical skills are better than Misbah....and he always means business from his players! but the problem lies in his own performance.. His performance graph has gone down sharply...its not even good enough for him to be in the team..how can he be the captain?!! πŸ˜•
   Malik has failed miserably in bringing out the best of this team even though he has some really good players in his side...but he really lacks leadership skills..

As for Younis, I agree that he seems to be the best choice right now.. but if we look beyond today towards the future and the WC 2011.... I don't think Younus is going to play the next WC... He even said it himself! Pak team is going through a rebuilding process and we need some stability if we r to hav any chances in the 2011 WC!
   My choice is Misbah only!! I know he too is not soo young...but looking at his phenomenal fitness level and his skills as a player...and the commitment that he puts towards the game, he can well play 2011 WC!! That's why I want him to be the captain coz I really think he has the capability to put the team back on track!!
Originally posted by Leo

Hmmm....what he says is justified but Misbah could have been a good captain. And yes, even I feel that Shoaib is not a great captain...i think he is not firm....just like Rahul Dravid... of course, both of them have worked hard....but i think they lack the leadership qualities...

I agree wid u... sometimes u just dont have a certain quality and even if u try, u cannot bring it into the game..
Dravid n Malik...both have tried hard...but they just don't have it in them!!

Misbah, I think will agree to be the captain if the PCB asks him to..
I saw this on TV as well... He isn't too firm on this decision of not becoming the captain.. he's not made a decision actually..It's just a matter of how the press make it look like..
he said: " It's an honour to be the captain.But mujhe aisa desire nahi hai k mai ye kahoon k Malik ko hataao aur mujhe banao.. Abhi Malik captain hai..aur mai enjoy kar raha hoon as a vice captain.. "

Originally posted by coolsonu

I agree wid u... sometimes u just dont have a certain quality and even if u try, u cannot bring it into the game..
Dravid n Malik...both have tried hard...but they just don't have it in them!!

Misbah, I think will agree to be the captain if the PCB asks him to..
I saw this on TV as well... He isn't too firm on this decision of not becoming the captain.. he's not made a decision actually..It's just a matter of how the press make it look like..
he said: " It's an honour to be the captain.But mujhe aisa desire nahi hai k mai ye kahoon k Malik ko hataao aur mujhe banao.. Abhi Malik captain hai..aur mai enjoy kar raha hoon as a vice captain.. "

Absolutely right! muh ki baat cheen lee tumne!πŸ˜† 

But personally...I think Afridi should be captain instead of misbah cuz afridi...umm..well...no particular reason as such....but i think he has that lion in him...! he can tame anyone!πŸ˜ƒ ok ok....i admit it...i am sad at giving examples!πŸ˜†
wot's wrong with misbah?.. he has not performed well for quite a long time..but yes i agree with the rest of u, he is capable of becoming a captain.. and i think he shud have select this position.. All the teams has been successful in experimenting with captaincy position...e.g dhoni and now petersen.. but  most of the pak players are somehow terrified of taking this position.. I don't see a good future of this team..but i hope i  will proove wrong Edited by *Fiza* - 15 years ago
Originally posted by Leo

Absolutely right! muh ki baat cheen lee tumne!πŸ˜† 

But personally...I think Afridi should be captain instead of misbah cuz afridi...umm..well...no particular reason as such....but i think he has that lion in him...! he can tame anyone!πŸ˜ƒ ok ok....i admit it...i am sad at giving examples!πŸ˜†
Afridi!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. are u kiding me??.. he has topped in  " the most inconsistent player" in cricket ranking..how can he become a captain.. on the other hand i agree with u on that lion note.. but a captain has to be like wasim ,waqar and imran ... they were not only aggressive  but they used to set good examples to thier team mates too..  We need someone who can be both.. and younis holds these two qualities..  i personally wud like him to become captain for pak team..πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by *Fiza*

Afridi!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. are u kiding me??.. he has topped in  " the most inconsistent player" in cricket ranking..how can he become a captain.. on the other hand i agree with u on that lion note.. but a captain has to be like wasim ,waqar and imran ... they were not only aggressive  but they used to set good examples to thier team mates too..  We need someone who can be both.. and younis holds these two qualities..  i personally wud like him to become captain for pak team..πŸ˜ƒ
Yeah I agree wid..Fiza..Afridi..hs been so inconsistent rite nw..so he hs to consistent..for becuming a captain..bt yeah if he cums into shape..he will be a great captain...N I dint c ny Pakistan domestic cricket..so I really donno..Misbah's captaincy over thr...bt yeah he is a very dedicated player...n a great batsman😊hu generally gets out..in a very unfortunate way...
I hv seen Younis captaining sum of the matches..n he hs lived up to..expectatitons..so rite..nw..he is the current best choice for becuming the captain..