Twilight

Depressed after reading the Twilight Saga?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

KushiEE

KushiEE

Posted: 02 September 2008 at 11:46am | IP Logged

Hey all You Twilight Lovers !

First of all i would like to say that I love Twilight and everything about and I've been dying to vent at place where other people can really understand how I feel and why I feel this way.

So of course Twilight is awesome but after i read New Moon i started to get pretty depressed. All of you who know that New Moon was the saddest of all the books really does start to torment you because all these characters that you've come to love so much are in so much agony .... I've cried some heavy tears after New Moon and I'm really hoping that my anxiety and despression will be gone soon.

Personally for me After reading New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn I fell into this hole of anxiety and I think its because i came to love and understand these characters so deeply that the deep emotional turmoil that Bella, Edward and Jacob go through is really heart ranching and u feel like ur going through the very same pain with them. It really struck a cord of me!...I'm hoping that I'm not the only crazy one out their who's been so deeply affected by these books to a point the this fictional world almost seems to real.

I know that their are alot of people out their who don't like Jacob but I really do love him... I'm actually an equal Fan of Jacob, Edward and Bella. I feel like I really do understand Jake and my heart hurt when he was in pain.... he's a simple, warm, loving guy who fell for this girl he knows he can never have... I'm sure all of u have gone through that feeling at one point or another. His pain is deep because he knows that even though the girl he loves has love for him 2 but its nowhere  as strong as the love she feels 4 Edward. Edward is prefect is every single way possible.... and incredibly understand guy but I think that's we all love him soooooo much because their is absolutely nothing wrong with him where as Jacob is more close to being human...

I'm not ready to accept that Breaking Dawn is the last book. I was really disappointed at the end when their were merely only 2 pgs on their happily ever after. I feel like I got jipped ! She spent sooo much time describing all the non essential things that it felt like the closure that I needed as a reader just wasn't there. I felt the end was almost rushed, I would have loved more dialogue between Bella and Edward about their happily ever after so that I could have gotten my closure that i need so desperately. I really hoping that she'll continue the world of twilight with Jacob, Renesme, Bella and Edward and everyone else.

Thank You to all of you who read and respond to my post .... Its just a great feeling to vent at place where you know ur understood .... So Truly Thank You ....

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Depressed after reading the Twilight Saga?" in Twilight forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 02 September 2008 at 12:39pm | IP Logged

hey.... remember even though you feel the characters are realistic, it's just a book.... i'm not telling you ro stop reading twilight.... but maybe you should indulge in some other activities that will keep your mind off the things that depress you

KushiEE

KushiEE

Posted: 02 September 2008 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
To (chhilt)

I know that your completely right .... i think i got involved with these books because i read all 4 back to back ... so i never gave my mind time to disconnect with the story and its characters. Im sure i'll be fine in the next few days .... its just bummer to feel this way right now. but thank you nonetheless

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 02 September 2008 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
no problem kushiEE.... Wink i hope you feel better soon! Smile

Sabah

Goldie

Sabah

Posted: 04 September 2008 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Dude i totaly understand what you are saying.
I was so attached to the characters, and i too am an equal fan of Edward, Bella and Jake!
I agree BD was kinda of a dissapointment, i wish that it didn't have the pointless details and instead more happy ending to it. I guess it was hyped up so much that we were all some what dissapointed when we read it.

KushiEE

KushiEE

Posted: 04 September 2008 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
I'm glad to hear someone feels the same crappy way that i do....I really hope that she starts a new series of Twilight for Jacob and Renesme.. But ofcourse have Edward and Bella be part of the story as well. Sometimes i really wish that i hadn't read the these books...
I just wish that she made the Ending of Breaking Dawn longer with a lot of Bella and Edward so i could have gotten my closure! :(

jpatel

IF-Dazzler

jpatel

Posted: 05 September 2008 at 11:36am | IP Logged
Lol Kusshii hun...dont worry..i felt like that too...maybe not as strong but i felt somehow that i was Bella and Jacob when it came to their perspective....and i think about Ed sometime too...but really no need to get depressed dear....we're there for you!!! Honestly if you take your mind off it and pre-occupy yourself and do something else...or maybe read something else then trust me it'll get better! I love these charcters to...and sometime i feel really involved but that only when im reading it...just me and twilight in a lil bubble...once i put the book down i burst that bubble....but i do frequently talk about it with freinds n all!!! You can vent as much as you like!! I will listen!!!:D
Love
Radz
xxx

KushiEE

KushiEE

Posted: 05 September 2008 at 6:41pm | IP Logged

To: converse_chick

Thanks Radzs that really sweet of you ... not many people reach out to ppl they don't know.... I wish i could burst the bubble after I put the book down like you ... i dunn know ....its weird ... i don't get it myself I'm so wierdly rapped around the Cullen's world its creppy... I really do believe its because i read all the Twiligh books within 5 days back-to-back .... so i really didn't give my mind time any time at all to disconnect from this fictional world.... Well i'm much better now but i still don't like it because this has never happened b4 and the fact its over a BOOK ! upsets me further... atleast it would make sense if this was over an actual person *sigh* but THANK YOU so much i really appreciate ur words Heart

Post Reply New Post

Go to top