Rules & Announcements

[LAST DAY] Number Of Posts per page?

Poll Question: Number of Posts per Page?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
296 [64.35%]
164 [35.65%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 15

Page 1
Page   of 15
Page 2 Page 15

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 29 August 2008 at 6:40am | IP Logged

Dear Members,

We would like to get your votes on the number of Posts per page you want on India-Forums.com. Inorder to take a call on this issue we will wait for minimum 500 votes.

While going through different comments and suggestions we have recieved a lot of feedback that the change on the number of posts per page has created problem for all the fan-fictions that have been written before the update.

But before reverting back to 8 posts per page instead of current 10 posts per page just wanted to get your views.

Pros:

a) Page will be loading faster and will be less scroll per page.

b) All the old Fan-Fictions would again become working.

Cons:

a) Some of the new fan-fictions that have been started will have problem.

For Fan-Fiction writers

I also have a simpler solution for FanFiction writers that will help them keep their index independent of number of pages by using the Post ID instead of Page. Would explain more once this page rolls to another page as that will make it easier to explain.

========
UPDATED
========

Well instead of depending on the Page Numbers I would recommend all the fan fiction writers to use the Post ID.

For example:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1026684&PID=18053460&#18053460

This will lead you directly to my next post on this thread. I just need to find the Post ID of that one and put in the link as above after &PID= Post ID and follow with # again Post ID. Thora complicated it might sound but will be much easier for everyone as it directly lands to my post. Just try it.

HOW TO GET THE PID :Just beside the Report and Quote buttons you will find "Direct Link" just right click and copy the Link URL and that can be used to post in the main index of Fan Fics or Galleries as that will not just land you to that post page but also directly take you to the Post.

========
Update 2
========

Now you can find the "Direct Link" through which you can find the direct link to that very post. But it only comes when you are Logged In to your user account. So this should really sort out the problem of the page in future also when there more options given to the user where they can decide on how many posts they want per page.
I think our FanFic writers can start using the new "Direct Link" URL to make their index.

Cheers,
Vijay

PLEASE DO NOT COPY UPDATES TO OTHER SITES, THIS UPDATE IS MEANT EXCLUSIVELY FOR INDIA FORUMS MEMBERS

Edited by vijay - 29 August 2008 at 6:25pm

The following 64 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaana*Shruti*Jai&Bani Forevasexy_eyesmystifyresimplicitycookies10-Araina-Sonii_BabiiRashiiiii17*F^a^i^z^a*cuteluvpayal_runiverse_megharaj5000IndraDagaHiba282jpatel-Superstar-i5hysomeandmemoonlitnight-amruta-gugguangelonskyanni_23VeeeDeee-Imu.M-thesaint148kimmuDark Lovek-ekta fanaanyakunatJasloveKiran.Sano88khushix-Preeti-atinamodishhminuu-Srishty-zinny.xoSiddhi_-dramaholic--aditi-monikaseth*Piku*LeenasmgAnnie4Juhi.Senorita.Jasmine...~*mishu*~-Niky-nidha1983pallavi25itsAishFaiirytale x3-Alina.Cup-Of-ChaiQH_DDEJ_FanSilence_GoldnotfadedawayHowlarious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "[LAST DAY] Number Of Posts per page?" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

k-ekta fan

IF-Rockerz

k-ekta fan

Posted: 29 August 2008 at 6:46am | IP Logged
b4 1 was more com4table

Eloquent

IF-Veteran Member

Eloquent

Posted: 29 August 2008 at 6:48am | IP Logged
I don't mind any of the two! But thanks for the option of a poll for gauging people's opinion

-dramaholic-

IF-Sizzlerz

-dramaholic-

Posted: 29 August 2008 at 6:51am | IP Logged
I don't Mind either one accuallty.. But i agree that it will cause more confusion later since everyone is already adjusted there galleries/shops/fanfics/fanclubs/chatclub archeives and stuff according to the change...

On the other hand if we get 8 pages back, there won't be much of a problem in scrolling and also in picture galleries the more pics on 1 page the more harder it gets to scroll down, and i used to have nightmares scrolling down the DMG picture gallery in 10 replies of 50 images each..

So 8 pages would be better aswell.=)

armaanilicious

IF-Sizzlerz

armaanilicious

Posted: 29 August 2008 at 7:00am | IP Logged

i dont mind any one

anku2cute

IF-Veteran Member

anku2cute

-

Posted: 29 August 2008 at 7:09am | IP Logged
Vijay better check the mod sectn..Have posted a new problem..A major one :|

atina

IF-Veteran Member

atina

Posted: 29 August 2008 at 7:11am | IP Logged
I prefer the older version ( 8 posts per page)

Thanks for asking everyone's opinion Vijay

dreamer_dreams

IF-Rockerz

dreamer_dreams

Posted: 29 August 2008 at 7:17am | IP Logged
i think the older one was better!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top