Rules & Announcements

Need feedback on Posts per page (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 3 Page 8

kimmu

IF-Rockerz

kimmu

Posted: 28 August 2008 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Hmm.. well I just started a new FF, but I only have like a few chapters so its okay. I think its more helpful to everyone to have 8 pages per post, so I think you should change it to 8 too..

But seriously, i prefer 10 pages post per page.. well cuz its an even number.. hehe.. LOL

Edited by kimmu - 28 August 2008 at 3:34pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Need feedback on Posts per page (Page 2)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 28 August 2008 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mimi0295

Just a question tho, how did the forums (for example the Kasturu  forums) change from 350 pages to 450?

Hey mimi0295,

I do understand that how much trouble it can be reindexing them and I wish I could do something programmatically that it could automatically be renumbered.

Regarding the forum page count we have reverted back from 20 topics per page to 16 as it was before the Revamp (+2 GA) .

Cheers,
Vijay

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 28 August 2008 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kimmu

But seriously, i prefer 10 pages post per page.. well cuz its an even number.. hehe.. LOL

8 is also an even number SmileWink

kimmu

IF-Rockerz

kimmu

Posted: 28 August 2008 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

Originally posted by kimmu

8 is also an even number SmileWink

aha, i forgot. ROFL But 10's different, you know like its a 10!.. hehe its like even in another way.. ahh i can't explain it.. it just has that other even-ness in it.. LOL

ppanache

IF-Sizzlerz

ppanache

Posted: 28 August 2008 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Well..i think this makes it difficult to switch between pages...'cos for instance there are so many stickies on the first page that there are only 1 or 2 threads open.....

if you are going to have a smart design then the switching btw pages is really a pain for a user..... i would suggest you leave it up to the user how many links(Forum topics) they want to display on the first page..... if you could code it that way it would be great! Make it dynamic for the user to choose the display per page

In Kayamath, there everything is a sticky on the first page..so the user has to go to the second page to find topics and comment!!! * a real pain for the end user*

Edited by panache - 28 August 2008 at 3:52pm

Catwoman

IF-Sizzlerz

Catwoman

Posted: 28 August 2008 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
Vijay.... many of us now the page format as changed as re re indexing someof our ff's but i think u ight want to place a disclaimer on the old FF ones ....stating due to the new layout the number of the pages have changed....

See as a reader if u finding the ff to good to even miss u find the updateWink

Kat

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 28 August 2008 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by panache

Well..i think this makes it difficult to switch between pages...'cos for instance there are so many stickies on the first page that there are only 1 or 2 threads open in the first page....

if you are going to have a smart design then the switching btw pages is really a pain for a user..... i would suggest you leave it up to the user how many links(Forum topics) they want to display on the first page..... if you could code it that way it would be great! Make it dynamic for the user to choose the display per page

In Kayamath there everything is a sticky on the first page..so the user has to go to the second page to find topics and comment!!! * a real pain for the end user*

Well I guess this is something we will have to decide on how many stickies we allow per page so that there are atleast 5-6 good topics still there.

I like the idea of giving the user the choice to decide the number of pages they want to see per page just the way we have the option in our mailbox like Gmail. Will try to see if we can have this kind of feature once the forum is more stable.

Cheers,
Vijay

Dark Love

IF-Rockerz

Dark Love

Posted: 28 August 2008 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Catwoman

Guys make ur minds upConfused.... dame im working on re indexing all my ffs and u making me redo it again?Ouch

lol lo agaye mere section kay writers LOL i knew they'd be upset LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top